Friday, July 20, 2012

Vacation

I use that term loosely...  I mean, unless it's just Josh and I on some white sand beach somewhere, I don't think "vacation" is the right term to use. ;-)

For the past 2 weeks we've been gone. First at our church retreat, and then with our extended family in the eastern part of our state.

It was fun. Don't get me wrong.  There was lots of fun to be had.  But also, lots of work.  The laundry doesn't stop.  The kids still need to be fed.  They still need time-outs.  Throw in a night of sickness, just for fun.

We got home on Sunday and I have been totally, absolutely exhausted.  I'm talking bone-dead tired.  Fatigue like I haven't experienced in a long, long time, not even in the early days after Nora was born.

Last night I went to bed at 5:30p.m. I fell asleep immediately.  I woke up every 3 hours to nurse Nora, and each time I had to drag myself out of bed.  I got up at 8 this morning and still feel like I'm not caught up.  I'm sure the horror-movie dreams I had didn't help anything.  Seriously, where does my brain get this stuff??? 

Anyway, we had a super fun and good time, but I am so glad to be home.  I love our house. I may have mentioned it before. ;-)  I am excited to get back into a normal routine and have everything in it's place.

The kids are... I don't even know how to describe it.  They are "decompressing".  Yeah, let's call it that. Naps all around sounds like a marvelous idea!  They almost need their own padded cells.  Just kidding.  Mostly. 

Anyway, I plan to charge my camera and take some pictures.  I'm really bad with that.  But I need to do it so we don't end up with no pictures to document this time.  You know, everyone on different couches in time out.  ;-)

I'll have to devote a post to how I'M doing.  But for now, I have hungry mouths to feed.  Including my own.

Hope you're having a great summer so far!

1 comment:

  1. I'm fairly sure you actually got home tuesday night! ;) :)
    Now we know how tired you must really be!! :)
    Love ya and thanks for a GREAT vaca
    Jen

    ReplyDelete