Monday, November 26, 2012

Let the Fat Fight Begin!

Hello Mateys!

How are you? How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was fabulous! We hosted this year and it was very laid back and fun and just all around great.  :)  I made a turkey and didn't burn down the house! WOOT! ;-)

Today is the day I'm getting serious about losing the weight.  I have recently gained a lot of weight back.  Like, 7 or 8 pounds.  I'm not sure why; I'm looking into whether or not it's the Zoloft causing it.  In any case, I am feeling very claustrophobic in my own body, so something has to change, and soon.

I have to learn to be content and not envy/hate people who bounce back after having a baby.  Like Anna Paquin. HELLO?? Less than 2 months after having twins???
They were born a few weeks early, but still.  

I've been thinking a lot about self-control.  I have a whole post I want to do on it, and I will, a little later.  But basically, there is no magic cure.  *I* have to take control of my eating habits, of my exercise habits and of my health.


Isn't that a great quote?  I love it.  Because it's so true.  I just have to DO IT.  No more excuses, no more whining, no more pity-parties that my body doesn't melt fat through breastfeeding. It is what it is.  And I just have to take it and work with it, and do something about it.  Baby steps.  One day at a time. 


I haven't been super faithful to drink my ViSalus shakes twice a day as a meal replacement, like you're supposed to, so today that changes.  I got a long list of recipes to try, and I'll be experimenting with different flavors to help keep it fun and not boring.  I also have a challenge for myself, which I'll post about tomorrow.

In the meantime, I will be working on self-control.  

No comments:

Post a Comment