Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Still Here

Hi Guys-
Sorry for the extreme lack of posting.  Life is busy and I am really trying to figure out a good lifestyle as far as eating healthy and not stressing out.

I am doing the ViSalus.  I haven't managed to get two shakes in a day.  Usually I have one for breakfast, and then go, go, go all afternoon, skipping lunch, eat dinner and then SNACK after the kids are in bed.  Obviously not the best game plan.

My friend Christan has been coaching me and giving me encouragement with sticking to the program.  I have never understood or realized how extremely important it is to have a mentor of sorts.

She gives me just the right amount of encouragement and kick in the pants to stay with it and not give up.  She reminds me of things I know but tend to forget, like the fact that my past history is that it's extremely difficult to lose weight while nursing.  She reminds me to set SMALL goals, so that I can actually make them, instead of setting lofty goals and failing.

So for now, these are my goals:

1) Drink 2 shakes a day.  Mix them up beforehand if need be.  Eat a small, healthy snack after each shake.
2) Drink 40 ounces of water a day.
3) Eat a healthy dinner.  Allow myself one SMALL snack at night. No grazing, binging, or eating if I'm not hungry.

That's it, for now.  I desperately want to try to add in some exercise somehow.  I think I may just try to do the walking DVD I have.  I can do it at home, it's around 20 minutes long, and I can modify it so I can complete it in my current VERY out-of-shape state.

"No one is useless in this world, who lightens the burden of it for any one else." Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment