Monday, October 8, 2012

Weigh In and helpful hints

So, I gained a pound.  Not too too horrible in the whole scheme of things.  The way I ate last week should have resulted in a much higher gain.  I was kind of out of control.  But this week I feel more in control, my determination is back, I feel like "I can do this!"

So here's to keeping on, slow and steady. :)

I have a good friend who is doing WW with me, and we're perfect partners.  Neither of us takes it too seriously, but at the same time we don't excuse each other/ourselves from doing what we're supposed to.

Now, on to the helpful hints. :-D

*Wash out your coffee pot after every use.  The oils from the coffee build up on the carafe and get bitter/rancid.  Washing with soap and water gets rid of the residue.

*Sprinkle a little salt over your coffee grounds to make it more smooth and less bitter. I also add a little cinnamon to the grounds and it makes it really yummy.

*You can take any boxed cake mix and combine it with a 15oz can of pureed pumpkin and it makes great muffins or cakes.  No oil, water or egg needed.  Just the mix and the pumpkin.  This week I took a Swiss Chocolate cake mix and combined it with fresh raspberry puree and made muffins that are pretty good.

*You can wash your hair with baking soda and vinegar, and it makes it kind of beach-wavy.  It also strips any residue build up that your shampoo/conditioner may have left behind. True story.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment