Monday, March 5, 2012

Arms and Legs

Howdy, Folks!

We had a good weekend around here, and got Kate's room painted a really soft, pretty light pink.  I'll post pictures once we  have the pictures hung, her bed canopy up and the crib set up. :)

We also had a FANTASTIC day on Sunday; there was no church so Jen and her kiddos came over and we played ALL DAY LONG. It was great!  For dinner I made a recipe that I've seen on Pinterest and Savvy Little Women.  I've made it twice in the last week and a half.  The first time I made it with lime and cilantro Rotel and taco seasoning, and I think I prefer it that way to the ranch and plain rotel.  Anyway, it turned out good and fed a large crowd. :)

Lately I've been trying to think of what I CAN do while pregnant, exercise-wise.  And this is what I've come up with.

Push-ups, except not the traditional way, or even the girl way.  What I do is stand by the wall and plant my feet far enough away so that when I lean forward my arms are at 90 degree angles to the wall.  And guess what? It's actually kinda hard! :-O  Yeah, I am WAY out of shape.  So I plan to do some push-ups like that throughout the day, and hopefully some tricep dips (using a chair) to help define my arms and maybe burn up some fat.

As for my legs, I'm thinking to try to do some squats. I really don't know if I'll be able to do them.  My back has been killing me.  We lost our insurance so I haven't been able to do any pool therapy or physical therapy, and boy can I tell!

So I'm planning to take it slow and easy, but do what I can.  It makes me feel better to at least be doing something.

My kiddos are still out of sorts and I have a horrible cold, so I'm off to drink lots of liquids, blow my nose and try to keep my boys from destroying the house. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ruth Anne have you looked on pinterest for exercises? I have seen a ton, I have a problem that I look at exercise tips or exercise videos but never do them, so I don't know if any work but you can look.
    I am sorry you lost your insurance, I think the pool therapy was really helping you. Are you going to be okay for the baby?

    ReplyDelete