Friday, June 8, 2012

6-9-12

That'll most likely be Baby Girl's birthday if all goes well.

I just saw the OB and he said due to the fact I've had so many contractions for so long with no progress, and the fact that the baby's movements have decreased significantly, it's time to get her out.

So tomorrow morning at 7:30a.m. I'll be getting induced.

I've never been induced before and I'm nervous.  Excited, but nervous.  I had really, really, really wanted a natural, unmedicated birth and I just don't know if that's possible with pitocin.  He is going to start me on the lowest dose possible, and hope my body takes over.  If it does, then we can turn it off.

Here is a shot of me today, at almost 40 weeks:


So we'll see how it all goes down, but oh my goodness, I'm going to have my baby tomorrow!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait, sending my prayers that everything goes smooth and you are blessed with a healthy baby. xoxo, MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did hear she had the baby on Sunday the 10th, right? Sweetest little girl EVER! Her photos do not show how delicate her little face is!!
      Things finally picked up at the end and she flew out onto the bed--no dr in the room, just a fully dressed Muslim midwife that the nurse had grabbed from the hallway :). (I find this HIGHLY hysterical!!)
      Mom and baby doing well. Baby nursing super!! Should be going home later today.
      BTW this is Ruth Anne's momma.

      Delete