Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Food

Hi guys!
How are you? I'm doing well.  Josh and I got to go on a date last night.  We went to visit an older couple that have been friends of the family for years, along with another young couple that we are good friends with.

We had SUCH a nice time, even though I had to be the party pooper and leave at 9 so I wouldn't be deathly ill for Christmas.  But while we were there, it was fantastic!

The hostess set out a serious spread of delicious food. And I purposefully didn't fill up on dinner so I'd have room for goodies. :-P She had baked brie, a southern dip that was DELICIOUS (I grew up for 10 years in Texas and can appreciate pimento!) veggies with a delicious curry dip, grapes and pineapple, and huge, soft cookies from a gourmet bakery.  As the English would say, it was LUSH!

They are such a sweet older couple and have really taken my mom under their wing, and encouraged her in just the right ways.  They even gave them a turkey for Christmas, because they knew that my mom and stepdad have been on unemployment for far too long and don't have money.  SO sweet.

Anyway, today I've just got food on my brain. ;-) I have a delicious sounding recipe for two things that I'm dying to make, but up to this point haven't felt well enough.

The first thing is for a spinach artichoke dip.  I've been craving it for weeks and weeks and now I have all the ingredients for it.  I think I'm going to make it tomorrow and share it with my sister, who has the day off from work, and we'll eat it while watching A Christmas Story.

The second thing I'm going to make, hopefully today during naptime so the kids can enjoy it when they get up, is homemade apple fritters.  They sound surprisingly easy and they are one of my fave doughnuts.

I'm still eating oranges like they're going out of style, which makes me kinda feel weird since my baby this week is supposedly the size of... an orange! :-D

This year Josh and I decided to do something different for Christmas.  We each got a certain amount of money and we're going to spend it on whatever we want for Christmas. Basically, we're buying our own gifts.  And for some reason, I am totally giddy about it!! Josh already picked out a new pair of running shoes that he's going to get.  I'm going to go on a shopping spree at Ross and maybe Target.  But again, I have to wait til I feel up to it.  I'll make sure and post all the goodies I get!!

I better go. Today is going to be busy, as I have my 3 kiddos home from school AND I'm watching 2 of my nieces. :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it, today I watched my 4 year old niece for 6 hours so her mom could finish shopping and I am so tired. My sister and her family arrive on Friday morning and I am having Christmas eve, Christmas morning and Christmas dinner at my house and I just refuse to acknowledge how much I still need to do, ugh. I can't wait for the holidays to be over already and that makes me so sad!

    ReplyDelete