Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Is it time for school to start yet?

Hi Guys!

How are you all? How was your Christmas?

We had a really grand time.  We went to my family's on Christmas Eve and had a yummy dinner and good time opening gifts.  Christmas morning we opened gifts with our kiddos, complete with the fake fire movie on the TV from Netflix. :-D  The kids had a blast.  We got them lots of smaller gifts this year instead of a big gift, and they seemed to really enjoy it.  At one point when Owen was opening his Spiderman suit he yelled, "NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" ha ha, that kid cracks me up.

Josh and I still have our Christmas money to spend. I've bought a cozy pair of thermal pants and a SUPER yummy smelling candle for myself. 

Then Christmas afternoon (after a glorious 2 hour nap) we went to Josh's family's house and had a really great time.  It was so much fun to see everyone, so nice for the kids to be able to play with their cousins and the food was delicious.

A very nice time all around. :)  This week Josh has off, although he'll be in and out with different meetings and such.  It's so nice to have him here.  My sister made us framed silhouettes of all 3 of our kiddos, so we're going to hang those up in our bedroom, hang up the new curtains and other art that has been sitting on the floor of our closet waiting to be hung since the room got painted.  Can't wait to have the room start to be more finished.

Last Friday I had to go get IV fluids, and I was really dehydrated.  It took them five tries in five different places to finally get the IV in. Ouch.  They tried twice in one arm, once in the other arm, and once in each hand.  IV's in hands hurt MUCH worse than in the arm.  Both my hands are really bruised and sore still.  But the IV worked it's magic and I felt much better and was able to enjoy Christmas, so I'm glad. 

I feel the baby moving all the time and it is SO fun and reassuring.  I am counting down the days until we get to find out if we're having a boy or girl. (23 days!) Mostly I'm praying for a healthy, whole baby.  I'm a little nervous that there is going to be a defect of some sort--cleft lip or something-- because I've stayed on my Zoloft this pregnancy.  I know the OB and my therapist both reassured me it was safe and okay, especially since I'm on the lowest dose, but I still see these commercials stating how I'm able to sue if I was on Zoloft and my baby was born with a defect.  It's a little worrisome, but then I just give it to God and pray, knowing that it's all in His hands anyway.

Is it just me, or does it seem like an avocado is smaller than an orange??  (From up top where it says how big my baby is now) And it's really creeping me out how all the foods I'm craving are the same thing that the baby is the size of.  Did that sentence even make sense? LOL ;-)

Well, I hope you're all well and had a fabulous Christmas!!!  I did... and now I'm ready for school to start again. :-D  My kids ask every day if they can go back to school yet, and I'm right there with them.  They love, love, love school and I am soooo not the homeschooling type mom who has projects and what not for them to do.  They play, and have things to entertain them, but not like educational learning type stuff.  So we are all excited for school to begin again. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Hello there Ruth! I am so happy for you! Just letting you know I am a live, and I am back at blogging! Congratulations on the new little one.

    Allison
    lovingmycomplicatedlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I haven't said so, congratulations!! Not sure if I caught when you're due, maybe June or early July? I bet your children are stoked!

    I'm glad you had a good Christmas! We did too.

    ReplyDelete