Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hormones

Oh, dear. 

I currently look kinda like this:


Why?  Well, because I happened to see a picture of myself from the back.  And wowza.  It wasn't pretty.  Basically I am as wide as I am tall.

I feel like this:

Now, I know it's normal and healthy to gain weight while pregnant.  And I thought I was dealing pretty well with it, despite being the heaviest I've ever been. Ever. In my entire life.

But when I saw that picture, I just started crying.  Because I am short (5'3") and have a short torso, pregnancy does not look very good on me.  As opposed to someone taller, with a longer torso.

I know it's just hormones.  I know I don't really look like the lady above.  I know that pregnancy is the absolute best reason EVER to gain weight.  But today, it's hard. 

I think part of my problem is that the only successful way I've lost a significant amount of weight in the past is with HCG.  But I don't think I can do that anymore, because of how I responded to it, hormonally. So it makes me really freak a little about how I'm going to lose the pregnancy weight, without being able to do HCG.

Anyway, I'm kind of just talking myself through it currently.  I haven't gained massive amounts of weight. I'm at 25 pounds, which isn't bad, it's just more than I've ever gained before.  I know I'll figure it out.  I just had a freak out moment.  :-P

Overall, things are fine and going well.  I just needed to vent a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment