Monday, January 13, 2014

Down, Up, Down

Hi Friends!
So, on Saturday morning I was down into the next decade! I was so excited.

Then, I spent all day making Chex Mix and Muddy Buddies for a church fundraiser.  Literally, all day.  I made two batches of regular chex mix, two batches of gluten free, dairy free (by using coconut oil and omitting wheat chex) and two batches of Muddy Buddies.

I am proud to say I didn't cheat once. NOT ONE TINY NIBBLE.  NOT ONE!! I even drove 20 minutes to have someone taste test the batches made with coconut oil, instead of just tasting it myself.  I was dedicated, you guys.

So imagine my total and utter dismay when I stepped on the scale Sunday morning and I was up almost an entire pound.  Back into the 190's, just like that.  It was from the oil/butter from the goodies.  I had tried to be really, really careful but apparently it wasn't enough.  I should have worn gloves, but I didn't have any.  Lesson learned.

Even though I was totally frustrated at being up so much when I hadn't cheated (and in fact hadn't even eaten hardly at all), I wasn't tempted to quit or give up.  Not one iota.  I have to get this weight off.  I did really well the rest of the day, but Nora was a total grump in the evening.  Finally got her into bed and got my chores done, and WOW.  Then I wanted to eat.  I ended up eating black licorice and some pretzels that had no fat and low calories.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the scale today, but lo and behold it was back down to the number I saw on Saturday. THANK YOU, JESUS!

It would have been sooo discouraging if it took me several days to lose that one pound I gained.

So anyway, things are going in the right direction. I'm tempted to panic that it's going slower than in the past, that I won't be as thin as I hoped for our Mexico trip.  But I'm not going to stop.  And you know what? I'm going to enjoy the living daylights out of our trip.  Yes, I will be bigger than I ever imagined when I was planning our trip, but that's ok.  Life isn't about weight.  I will enjoy the time I get to spend with Josh, alone with no meetings, no work, no kiddos... Just us.

Hope you had a good weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Way to go, even faced with added weight you stuck with it and ended up down, that is just the way you have tone. You should be so proud of yourself. Keep it up and you will be good to go for Mexico because you will be feeling so good about yourself.

    ReplyDelete