Friday, January 3, 2014

Joie de Vivre

**I'm not sure what's up with the funky highlighting, but I can't get it to go away. :-/**

Joie de vivre (French pronunciation: ​[ʒwa də vivʁ]joy of living) is a French phrase often used in English to express a cheerful enjoyment of life.

Isn't that just great!? I love that; cheerful enjoyment of life.  Is there anything better? To really and truly ENJOY life?!

That's one of my New Years resolutions; to live in the moment and to enjoy the moment.  Enjoy the mess and the noise, the chaos and the craziness.  It's not going to last forever.  


I was in the library with my kiddos and niece, and a kind old gentleman commented on how fast they grow up, how fast we get old.  It's true.  Time is our life, and it passes so quickly.  I want to make the most of it, cherish the moments and not be so distracted with things that don't matter that I miss what is important.


These are such cliche sayings, but they are true:








I was hoping to write more, but my "little moments" need me, so I'm going to put my actions where my words are. ;-) I'll try to pop back on later to finish this post. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, I was looking back over all the old christmas pictures and I was amazed at all the fun thing we did, making cookies, making crafts, decorating, just hanging and it gave me a happy feeling, the things I used to do. So ever since then I started saying yes to most things people ask me to do. Want to go to the movies, yup. Want to go to lunch, yup. The mall, yup.
    I am going to start doing, not just resting or waiting.
    Have a great day, mb

    ReplyDelete