Tuesday, January 14, 2014

True Words

I love this. It's so very true.  And yes, it may seem ironic that I'm posting this while doing HCG and the numbers ARE kinda important.  But in the end, they really aren't.

MY WEIGHT DOESN'T DEFINE WHO I AM.  It doesn't decide whether I'm a success or a failure.  It can't determine if I'm a good wife, mother, friend or a bad one.  It's just a "reflection of my relationship with gravity".

So liberating!!

I am doing HCG not to reach some magical, longed for number on the scale or size label in my jeans.  I am doing it to lose excess weight that is holding me back.  I'm doing it to be healthy, so I can run and play with my kiddos. So I can get dressed in the morning, and forget about it. Not be readjusting my clothes all day, feeling uncomfortable.

With that in mind, I changed my end goal from 135 to 140.  I may even change it to 145, as that's what I weighed before Nora.  And I was happy there.  And, really, as soon as I can fit back into my jeans, I'll be done, regardless of the number on the scale.

Have a really good day!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, do it till you feel good, 135, 140, 145 whatever just until you feel good. After that it really is easy to be "good" and you feel so great about yourself everyday. I know what it is like to get up everyday and just put on anything because it all fits and you feel good in it. It makes the start of your day so much better and it continues from there.
    I am in a little bit of an upswing right now because ever since my mom came home from the hospital, I was going going going but now she is doing so much more for herself that I sit around all day doing almost nothing, EXCEPT EATING, ugh.
    I am hoping that when she finally does go back home I will be able to get back to a normal life and exercise and not just have to sit here with her. But really I should find something better to do for myself other than eat. It really goes back to if you wake up feeling good you do good all day but if you wake up feeling bad you just go downhill all day. At least that is the way it works for me.
    Keep up the good work, it is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete