Monday, March 22, 2010

Starting to Pack

Well, the packing has begun. So has the purging.

I went through the kid's toys last night and have a big bag to take to Goodwill, a few to sell on Craigslist and the rest are neatly organized... for now. ;-) I also de-cluttered our art cabinet, the top of the fridge and a few other little things.

So things are starting to move forward, slowly but surely. I am going to try to get to the linen closet today and we'll see where I go from there.

Foodwise... Pretty good. Last night I tried to eat some ice cream. Now, I'm not really an ice cream person. I could go the rest of my life without it and not miss it. We had company the other night and served ice cream, hot fudge sauce and peanuts. There was some left over and while we watched our movie I decided to have some. I'm a freak of nature and don't like fudge sauce; Hershey's syrup makes me shudder. Josh had actually purchased some really good quality fudge stuff, but I didn't like that either.

Anyway, I make a small bowl; maybe half a cup of ice cream sprinkled with salted peanuts. I *LOVE* salty/sweet combos. Long story short, the ice cream made me so incredibly sick. I ended up throwing up and this is gross, but I was surprised that the Kashi I had eaten 6 hours before came up too! Isn't that sort of long for it not to be digested and still sitting in my stomach? Cuz it gets worse.

For lunch I had half a bagel with some smoked turkey on it. That came up too. And it had been over 9 hours that it had been in my stomach! GROSS.

So, I'm taking Greta's advice this week and I'm going to avoid wheat like the plague. (BTW, Greta, I haven't emailed you my measurements yet cuz I still haven't procured a tape measure.) ;-) I'm going tomorrow to do another foot bath... eek!

I'm also really constipated, so I'm hoping cutting out wheat will help with that. Today I had a banana and 2 turkey sausages for breakfast. I'm debating drinking coffee. It usually helps get things moving for me, but at the same time I'm trying to cut back on it because I don't feel all that great when I drink it. Decisions, decisions.

However, seeing as I have laundry to do today... a homemade white chocolate Americano might just be what I need to get me through. ;-)

I sort of like posting random facts about me, so here's one for your Monday morning:

I don't like cold water. I prefer room temperature. Like, I'll run the water out of the tap and add a bit of warm so it's not icy cold. I can drink way more if it's room temp. The ice cold not only hurts my teeth (my enamel is worn away from years of throwing up due to my pregnancies and now due to my... digestion issues???) but my throat closes up when the cold water hits it. So I try to leave a big glass of water or my water bottle out on the counter and then sip it when I go by.

Drinking enough water is still a huge challenge for me. I'm working on it, but it's definitely a work in progress.

I hope you all have a great, successful, healthy day! =0)

1 comment:

  1. I have only recently started to drink coffee and I am finding it helps with the bathroom issues too! Happy packing! I love the feeling of getting rid of stuff I don't need and a fresh, new start!

    ReplyDelete