Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Scoop

Hi my friends!
How are you? I'm good. Really good.

Did you notice? Some of you may have noticed straight away. Others may be scratching your head wondering what I'm talking about. ;-)

I'M HAVING A BABY!!!!!! :-D

I'm almost 8 weeks and sick as all get out, although it DOES seem to be getting better.  Keeping my fingers crossed, but usually I'm sick the entire 9 months.  I told God I really couldn't be that sick this time, as I have a family to take care of, a home to keep, and other various commitments I've made for church fundraising etc...  And it seems like He's answering!

I had some major cramping on Thursday night. It woke me up from a dead sleep it hurt so bad. I had an ultrasound on Friday and baby was doing well and measuring right on course, so we decided to tell our kiddos on Saturday morning.

It was so fun!!  We were all eating breakfast and Josh said I had something to say.  So I said, "You know how mommy has been really sick lately?"  And they all said yes, because HA, I've been throwing up a LOT. Anyway, I said it was because there was a new little baby in my tummy.

Kate got a look of wonder and total excitement on her face and couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear.  She immediately said she wants it to be a girl. ;-)  Christian wants a boy.  Owen just wonders how the baby got in there, and how it's going to get out, LOL! :)

It's so fun that they are old enough to really "get" it and be excited about it.  I'm due June 12th. 

Anyway, that is partly the reason why I gained those 3 pounds.  I've been sick, and lost some of it.  I plan to weigh tomorrow and see what the scale says.  I can't drink coffee at all. In fact, Josh had to move the coffee pot out to the garage because the smell makes me sooooo sick!!!

I am so excited. It was a long road to get here, over a year process.  But I'm so thankful, so grateful.  I've always felt like someone was missing, even from when Owen was a baby.  I just knew there is supposed to be someone else here.  And sure enough, there is a little bun in the oven. :) Just one, thank goodness! ;-)

Anyway, this blog will obviously focus more on the pregnancy and gaining healthfully instead of losing weight.  And now I'll have a LOT to talk about. :-D

2 comments:

  1. yay! I love new babies. And I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, how wonderful for your family. I too pray you have an enjoyable, morning sickness free pregnancy. The skinny turtle climbs up but for a totally great reason : )

    ReplyDelete