Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Yikes!

Hi everyone!
I see time got away from me... a whole week with no post?? Unacceptable. I slap my own wrist. ;-)

I'm doing good, just very, very busy.  I recently was given some responsibility for a project in our church and it's requiring lots of hours online.  Once I'm done with that, I sort of don't want to be on the computer anymore. ;-)

My boys have also been sick and not sleeping.  Christian was up all. night. long. two nights in a row, coughing and coughing and coughing.  I tried everything under the sun: cough medicine, cough drops, breathing in hot steam, drinking lemon/honey water, 2 different types of inhalers, we even shot 1T of whisky down his throat. Nothing helped.

To make matters worse, Owen has been getting up before 6a.m. every morning; and is grumpy as a bear.  He is trying to transition from 1 nap a day to none, but is right smack dab in the middle.  If I give him a nap, he isn't quite ready for bed when the other 2 are.  And then he wakes up early.  But if I don't then he is a holy terror by the time dinner rolls around, and then he STILL wakes up early.  Ugh, trying to figure out what to do. It doesn't work to let him sleep for one hour and then wake him up, either. 

Anyway, all that to say I've been busy with *life* trying to figure out what's best for my kiddos.

I weighed last week and was down 1/2 a pound.  I haven't weighed this week but plan to on Thursday.  If I remember.  That's the other problem; I wake up and hit the ground running and usually have had coffee or chai and then remember I was supposed to weigh. :-P

It's definitely fall out west, and I love it! I've made so many good crockpot dinners, have my mulled cider candle burning all the time, and have started baking.  Banana bread and scones, granola bars, monkey bread, etc...  For the most part I've done very well not overeating.  The monkey bread was an exception, but in my defense ;-) I hadn't eaten all day long and when it came out of the oven at 2pm I was starving.  It also was perhaps the best batch I've ever made. 

I'm working on eating a good breakfast and not mindlessly eating.  I don't think it's wrong to enjoy good food, I just have to work on MODERATION. :-D

I hope you're well and I won't be away so long next time.  Sometimes it's just hard to figure out what to say cuz nothing life-shattering is going on, I'm not doing hardcore exercise or dieting, you know?

Anyway, hope you're having a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment