Monday, December 20, 2010

Tis the season to be.... sick

Hi guys,
Just wanted to check in here real quick. We've been a bit under the weather. Both my boys have viral upper respiratory infections coupled with asthma. Last night was a night of little sleep, as they were coughing all night. Christian coughed so hard he fell out of bed! He also was choking and broke blood vessels in his face, poor guy.

He had a vicious, racking cough and ended up throwing up. All over me. And my face. And in my mouth. :-O I kid you not, the kiddo projectile vomited all over my face and it leaked in my mouth. The joys of being a parent, right? I couldn't even open my mouth to call Josh to come help. So I did what any sane person would do and just started crying. ;-)

We ended up getting him all cleaned up and tucked back into bed and when he whispered, "I love you, mama." everything was immediately all better and worth it. I have really been cherishing my kids lately. Part of it is the fact that due to the fact that my drops from Dr. Ray are working amazingly well, I feel like for the first time in a LOOOOOONG time I'm able to appreciate and enjoy who these little beings are. I enjoy my role as a mother and wife, and even go so far as to find JOY in it! Who knew!?!?

I am so thankful for my three sweetie-pies, for my wonderful husband (even if he does have to be gone 50% of the time right now for work) and that God has allowed us all to be relatively healthy. Even upper respiratory infections and asthma have treatments and methods to help make the patient more comfortable. And they aren't cancer. Or life threatening.

I'm doing pretty good, otherwise. Didn't weigh myself this morning as I just dragged myself out of bed due to little sleep last night, and got the kids and myself some breakfast before I remembered that I was supposed to weigh. I'll try to do it tomorrow, but don't expect to see much change.

I really need to focus on getting back to drinking lots of water. I lost my 1.5 liter water bottle somewhere along the way, and it was so handy to have sitting out on the counter so I could just take a swig here and there throughout the day. So I need to find another alternative. It usually works just as well for me to have a pitcher and glass sitting out and drink that throughout the day. I'm an oddball and don't like cold water. I can drink way more if it's room temp so it works well for me to just have it sitting out.

Well, I'd better go... My kiddos are in their beds and I have a toilet to unclog, dishes to do and a book to read. ;-)

Hope you all are doing well!!! And having a joyful and merry holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. Feel better. All that water will help! Thinking of you, and I told you I wasn't kidding about my boobies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth Anne, remember me? It's been months since I've been actively blogging, but I sure have missed you guys. I actually posted an entry today. You have done absolutely wondeful with your weight loss and with keeping it off, CONGRATS! I can remember earlier in the year when weight loss was not going well for you and you were starting to doubt whether you'd ever get anywhere near your goal.

    Well, good seeing you on here again and hope the kids get to feeling better. Sounds like that was a tough day. If we don't chat before then, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete