Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Posting on the fly

Busy, busy, busy.

Just wanted to post to say I got in between 4 and 4.5 liters of water yesterday. That's between 136 and 153 ounces of water.

I still feel oddly dehydrated. Today it's been much slower going, with the water. I tried to chug it this morning, but got sick so I had to stop. Still working on my first 1.5 liters. Hoping to get in at least 2 liters, which still falls short of what I "should" be drinking. I've heard you're supposed to drink half your body weight, which for me would be between 70 and 73 ounces. Two liters is about 68 ounces.

Anyway, that was a whole lotta nonsense about water.

I hurt my back yesterday. I guess that's what happens when you lug heavy boxes of food and kitchen appliances, solid wood bookshelves, lamps and all manner of other things down two flights of stairs. I couldn't walk last night; my leg kept giving out and I would fall down. I had already packed the ibuprofen, so I went to bed praying it would be better today. It doesn't hurt as bad and I can walk, but I'm scared to carry heavy boxes and the rest of the furniture that still needs to make it's way down to the garage.

I sort of need to, though, cuz Josh is working late tonight, has a work dinner tomorrow and is working late again on Thursday. And Friday morning is when we start loading the truck. Hmmmm. We'll see how it all works out.

I'm making homemade tacos today; as in, making my own pinto beans. They are so incredibly delicious and easy. I kept the oil out, just so I can fry my corn tortillas in it. =) I also made potato soup last night; so so so good. I have tomato soup and grilled cheese on hand, and other than that we'll have to do take out. But I'm pleased with the meals I've been able to scrape together with the unpacked food stuff.

I haven't eaten anything yet today and it's 11:28, so I should get on that. I'm not much of a breakfast person in general. Well, I'm off to get lunch for my boys. They must nap today. Owen was up at 4 yesterday and never really fell back asleep and then didn't nap. Grumpy is the understatement of the year. And when the boys are bickering it is a lot harder to be productive.

Hope you all are doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Tuesday to you, you lil' skinny turtle you ;)
    Would you post your recipe for the beans, lovie? Would love to try that too! Yummy!!

    The whole water deal is weird isn't it? Keep on drinking away, your body will balance out. It probably just needs all of that.

    ReplyDelete