Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Busy Bees

Well, it's the end of summer but things aren't slowing down yet! We don't start school until September around these parts, and we have a vacation at the beach this weekend that we're looking forward to. :-D

Things are going.  They are going.  I'm trying each day to make good decisions.  There are times when I eat out of stress, but I'm trying to consciously work on that.  I know there will be good food and good times at the beach with my extended family, and I am prepared to enjoy my time, enjoy the company, enjoy the food but NOT overdo it.  It's possible, I know it is.  I just have to find my way there.

This should be the LAST WEEK Josh has to travel out of state for work. I am so pumped! I hope it actually pans out, but for now I'm just glad it's on the horizon. He'll still have to go twice a month or so, but it sure beats 2 days a week, every week! I love that guy, and I like having him around. ;-)

My kids are all discombobulated.  Out of whack from the long church camp we just had, of shuttling back and forth every day, of no routine or schedule.  But soon enough we'll be in school mode and that all will change.

So it feels like I'm sort of floating along, not really actively TRYING to lose weight. Not restricting myself hugely.  But just trying to learn moderation.  I feel like I've been trying to learn that for a long time.

But I'm doing well.  The days can get stressful, the kids can go bonkers, but all in all I'm very happy and content.  I have a good life.  I have a wonderful husband, great friends, good kiddos.  I have lots to be thankful for and nothing to complain about.  I am blessed. =)

I hope you all are doing well!!

1 comment:

  1. I still believe in moderation. I still believe that God created us to be moderate people - satisfied, but not gluttonous. A glass of wine, but not drunk. I'm striving to live in food moderation. Luckily, the drunkenness doesn't tempt me.

    ReplyDelete