Thursday, August 25, 2011

Something's Gotta Give

Oh, ya'll.

Where oh where do I even start?

Okay.  Let's just get it over with. The weigh in. I weighed in at a hefty 148.2 today. Cue screeching horror film music and my jaw dropping to the floor.  :-O

But here's the thing.  I've been up since 3a.m. this morning.  I never fell back asleep so I got up at 4, weighed myself, then went and did my grocery shopping.  And usually when I wake up and weigh, and then weigh a little later my weight is down a bit. And the other day I weighed in the middle of the day with my clothes on and I was 148.  So I'm hoping it's water weight/ a fluke and that I don't really, truly weigh that much.

So yeah, back to the insomnia thing. Still happening.  It was interesting shopping so early; I kind of liked it because I could take all the time I wanted (my sister was here with the kiddos) and there wasn't really anyone else in the store.  It was peaceful and quiet.  And on the way home the sun was shining SO BRIGHT in my rearview mirror that I thought it was police lights or something.  I saw the sunrise! The only thing that could've made it better was if I was sitting on my porch sipping coffee while I watched it. :-D

Also, it's been stressful around here.  The kids one day were literally bouncing off the walls due to a little experiment I did with them.  I let them each sip my blended coffee to see if the caffeine would calm them down or hype them up.  Clearly, it had the latter effect.  I just wanted to see if they had ADHD and would maybe respond to meds, but I sure got that cleared up in a hurry!

Also, this SHOULD be the last time Josh has to travel weekly for work.  For 7 months he traveled 3 days a week out of state and for the last month and a half or so it's been 1-2 days.  I can not WAIT for this to be over.  Well, he'll still have to travel, but only twice a month instead of Every. Single. Week.  That in itself will relieve a lot of stress, and also improve the kiddos' behavior.  They are much happier and calmer when they get their daddy time.

Clearly I'm still struggling with learning moderation.  I don't FEEL like I'm overindulging, but the scale says otherwise.  I do enjoy my treats still; a scone, a doughnut, whatever.  But I'm not eating 3 or 4 a day or anything!!  I'm not stuffing myself.

So something has to give before it's the chair I'm sitting on! I don't want to gain any more, but I also just can't seem to be sooooo strict and restrict myself.  I have never been able to lose weight that way.  HCG is the only time it's worked, and I can't do that method now.  Rather, I'm not willing to because it messes with my hormones and I'm in a very good place in my life.

It's a work in progress.  This weekend and into the next week is our annual Family Beach Trip.  I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! There will be food and lots of snacks and I am going to do my darndest to make good choices.  And then once we get back I think I'll maybe try a little more hardcore dieting.  We'll see.

Anyway, that's that.

I hope you're doing well and succeeding in your endeavors!  I have a TON of housework, laundry and other preparations to get ready, so I best be off.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you need to just jump off the diet train and jump on the lifestyle change wagon. If you think of it more that way, then the good fofod will find its way to you. That's what I had to do. Also, check your calories and be sure you are getting at least 1200 everyday. Good luck and stop stressing!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete