Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wedding Bells

Hi Guys!
Guess what? My brother is engaged!

We are so happy and excited; they are just perfect for each other. =)  
But you know what that means? There will be a wedding! With pictures.  And I don't want to look/feel fat. :-/

SO I guess I'm gonna have to start getting serious about losing these last 10-15 pounds.  I don't know why I've struggled SO MUCH with them.  I'm just not motivated, even though I desperately want to be at my goal weight.  It's seems like a total oxymoron, huh?

For me it seems like I have to adopt the All or Nothing attitude when it comes to dieting.  If I just "go with the flow" then I end up eating too much of the stuff that isn't good for me, and the weight doesn't come off.  I have to focus entirely and restrict myself completely in order for it to work.  And, that is hard!  

I feel like I lack enough willpower to do it.  But at the same time if I would JUST DO IT then I'd feel so much better.  

I am not sure what the scale will say tomorrow.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's back up to 145.  My cycle this month has been crazy and weird and it's not helping anything.  But I'm hoping that now that I have a goal in mind, something to count down to (well, they haven't set a date yet, but it'll be in the near future) that maybe it'll help??

MB-I've totally noticed your absence and wondered where you went!! I'm glad you came back.  I like hearing from you, even if you don't feel like you're doing it perfectly yourself.

So my plan is to attempt the 17 Day Diet, and stick to it the right way.  I know it's going to be hard and take dedication and I need to JUST DO IT.

I also need to get back on track with my water intake. My kiddos lost my new water bottle =( so I got sort of off track with that.

But here's to new beginnings and to success! 

1 comment:

  1. Great news about the engagement, it will give you a reason to try hard. Every time you mention the 17 day diet I think anybody can do something for 17 days right?
    Well I am sore from the gym today, didn't realize how much this thyroid problem has really knocked me down. I think if it stays in the 80 tomorrow I will go for a 2 mile walk. I will let you know. Let me know your meals. xo, MB

    ReplyDelete