Monday, February 6, 2012

Beach Bliss

Good Monday Morning, to you!

How are you guys? How was your weekend? Did you watch the Super Bowl? We did, and I'm glad the Giants won.  Wanna know why? Only cuz I like Eli Manning more than Tom Brady. :-P  It was a fun time with Josh and my kiddos, although the commercials.... Wow.  Well, the sleazy ones anyway.  I kept having to turn the channel!  Those Go Daddy commercials are disgusting. 

Anyhoo, moving on.  I had a super lovely time at the beach with my mom and sis.  We got in around 7ish on Friday night and promptly flopped on the couch and chatted and read old copies of People magazine. ;-)  I went to bed around 10 and woke up on my own at 7 the next morning.  I forgot my Unisom, which I usually take every night so I was slightly worried that I'd be sick all weekend.  However, I did great! So I'm going to cut back my Unisom to just half a pill for now.  I'm still going to take it, as being a mama to 3 busy children while growing another is a far different cry from lounging around at the beach. :)

On Saturday my sister and I hit the outlets.  I got all the kids some clothes and found some pretty sweet deals on baby girl's wardrobe.  Oh, speaking of which... I think we're changing her name. :-P  UGH I am so wishy washy this time around!! So feel free to keep the suggestions coming.  Anyway, I found one cute sweater for myself from Gap for $6.  I thought there was a Motherhood outlet, but apparently it's been gone for several years.

After our shopping excursion we came back to the lake house and enjoyed a super delicious salad! I think it was probably because I was SO hungry by that point, but the salad was just scrumptious.  Then we watched First Wives Club and chilled some more.  Our evening consisted of Chopped.  It's a cooking show kind of like Iron Chef.  :)  I went to bed at 9:30 and woke up with the sunrise the next morning.

I really wanted to go to Motherhood because they were having a great sale, so we headed back into town and I went by the mall.  And I'm so glad I did!! All their clearance was on sale buy one get one FREE!! FREE.  So I got a short jean skirt, light sweatshirt and 4 shirts for $55!!  And they are all cute, not just generic.  If the sale is still going on Thursday (payday) I'm going back for more. ;-)

Anyway, then I went out to our church property where my wonderful hubby was with the kiddos.  He had our 3 and my niece all weekend long! He is so great.  Anyway, so then we came home and watched the Super Bowl while I showed him all the stuff I got and he nodded distractedly while paying attention to the game. ;-) 

All in all it was SUCH a nice weekend, and just what I needed to recharge my batteries.  I feel so much better.  Rejuvenated and ready to keep going and doing a good job in this thing called life and motherhood. 

I need to go to the store for more salad and a rotisserie chicken. I've been craving salad, and I figure I better cash in on that!

Well, it's time for me to get my Katelet girl to school.  She was so cute; out of all the things I got her (which wasn't a ton) her favorite thing is a shirt that says Big Sister. ;-) It was seriously on sale for like $2 and she is proudly sporting it today, all washed and ready to show off her pride. :) She also helped me fold all the freshly washed baby clothes I got.  I think this baby is going to be JUST what Kate and I needed to bond.  We are very similar and butt heads a lot, by nature, so it's so  nice to have something in common that we're both super excited about. :)

Happy Monday, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment