Sunday, April 7, 2013

Medifast

Hi Folks!
Long time, no update.  Again.  :-/

Tomorrow I start Medifast/Take Shape for Life.  It's basically a meal replacement system, with the food delivered to your door.  It was completely overwhelming and stressful for me at first, because it's pretty expensive.  Really expensive, actually.  I was afraid I wouldn't like the food, wouldn't stick to the plan and then would have wasted our hard earned, precious pennies.

But the food actually look really good!  I can tailor it to fit my nursing mother needs, as well.  Basically I'll eat 2 "Lean and Green" meals a day; lean protein and non-starchy vegetables, and then I'll also have 5 of the Medifast "meals".  I put it in quotes because they are really snacks.  Shakes, bars, cookies, pretzels, oatmeal, etc...

I'm hoping it works.  I seem to have tipped over the edge; meaning I have gained weight and lost some of that peace I had experienced.  I think it has to do with the fact that my fat clothes don't fit. :-O

I am so ready to shed these pounds. It's been almost 18 months (from pregnancy to now) and I am ready to be thin and healthy again.  Not feel so heavy.  Not be so uncomfortable all the time, rearranging my clothes as best I can to hide my rolls, my back fat, etc...

Nora is still going strong with the nursing; it's nothing short of a miracle.  But I am ready to discipline myself and start actively working on losing weight and being healthy.  I don't want to be fat and uncomfortable come summer time.

My sister works with someone who is on the same program, and she has lost 33 pounds in 3 months.  I think I need to lose around 50 pounds; I haven't stepped on the scale in a while.  Tomorrow I weigh in, take measurements and before pictures.  I would LOVE to be done with this weight loss in the next 4-5 months.  Even if I'm not back to pre-pregnancy weight, at least I'll be significantly smaller come June/July/August.

Anyway, that's what's up with me.  Hope you all are doing well!


No comments:

Post a Comment