Friday, April 26, 2013

Relief

Happy Friday, everyone!  I gotta say, I'm glad it's here.  It's sunny and I am babysitting two of my nieces.  I have big plans to sit in the yard ALL DAY LONG. ;-)

So, Luna asked me a good question regarding my last post.  Why do I need a "program"?  Why not just good old fashioned exercise and healthy eating/calorie counting using an app like MyFitnessPal?

That, my friends, is a great question.  One I don't really have an answer to, other than this: I'm impatient.  I want results, and I want them now. I've done HCG and lost 40 pounds on it, and was able to maintain the weight loss.  I'm looking at a solid 50-60 pounds that I need to lose, and I don't want it to take six months or a year.  I want to be significantly smaller by July/August.

Nicole asked how the girls in the pictures lost the weight, and the answer is... I have no clue! :-P  I just googled "before/after weight loss pictures" and that's what came up.  Although, apparently the first girl is in Luna's MyFitnessPal group and she lost it through exercise and diet.  I *know* that would work; to exercise and count calories.  But for me, I guess I just don't feel like I have the time or energy it takes. It's so much easier for me to just take my HCG drops and eat the restricted diet.  Once the weight comes off, then I plan to begin to exercise so that I can tone up and be fit.  Thin does NOT equal fit.

I got a text from my friend saying the drops were in and I can't even begin to tell you the amount of relief I felt.  I rushed down immediately and got them.  I plan to binge this weekend, and start low cal on Monday.  I am so ready to get this show on the road. 

MaryBeth-Are you still taking the saffron pills?  How is that working out?  I've been praying for your mom (and YOU!!)

I'm debating doing before and after pictures of myself.  Honestly and truly... I cringe when I see pictures of myself.  I just can't fathom that I'm really THAT big.  Like, HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???  Who is that bloated person in the mirror??  Where did that double chin come from?  When did I turn into the person who wears huge, baggy clothes in an effort to cover up the rolls?

I can't wait to "find" myself again, see myself in the mirror, and shed these pounds!  I'm excited to not have to wear sweaters/cardigans at all times to somewhat hide my gigantic arms. 

So, here's to HCG Take Two! :-P

(Side note: We strongly considered the name Hope when we were trying to name Nora.  But we have a cousin with that name, and I have a "thing" about giving my kids their own names.  I do still love it, though.)

Thank you all again for the comments! I love reading them and getting feedback.  What do you think? Should I post hideously unflattering pictures of myself on the world wide web???

1 comment:

  1. HCG sure did work for you! I am impressed that you are willing to do it again after knowing how difficult it is to eat so low calorie. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete