Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fessing Up Early

Hi my bloggie friends!

We are leaving tonight to spend some time with our family back home. I am so ecstatic. I can't wait to see them, hug them, cry with them, laugh with them. Mom's surgery is on Tuesday, so we're getting in some quality family time before things change anymore than they already have. I'll be gone from tonight til Sunday evening, so I'm doing my Fess' Up early.

I confess:

*It really, really bugs me when people who have "professional" blogs (designers and such) have typos in their posts! It's not just an occasional slip up; I'm thinking of one blog in particular. It is littered with typos and grammar mistakes, and it makes the author seem illiterate. I wouldn't trust her with my business, even though she does amazing work.

*I got a few more photos back from our shoot the other day. Here is a cute one.

*I am now reading The Help and I'm enjoying it a lot. Some day I'm going to do a post on all my favorite books.

*My heart broke in two this morning when Kate was asking more questions about Grandma's surgery. She was crying that they were going to have to cut her head to get the tumor out.

*My heart shattered when the first question Kate asked after we told her that Grandma had a really bad owie in her head, and sometimes owies are so bad that people die and go to heaven was... "Daddy, are you going to die and go to heaven, too?" Shattered.

*I am sending a care package in the mail to a friend of mine who had her baby 4 weeks early. A baby girl named Eloise Elizabeth. I love that name! I'm sending her some pumpkin muffins, at her request.

*Our vacuum cleaner is on it's last legs. We've had it for 7 years and I'm unreasonably excited about getting a new one.

*Yesterday 4 huge raccoons lumbered across the road in broad daylight, not 20 feet in front of the boys and I.

*I am very flattered that the famous Miz Fit takes the time out of her busy schedule to comment!! (Thank you, Carla!!)

*My rice pudding is gone. My Almond Joy habit hasn't slowed down one bit. When we get back I'm going to make a pan of homemade Almond Joy.

*Every night Josh and I watch Psych and eat Almond Joys. Anybody seen it? We watch it on Netflix and it's a huge stress reliever for us. We don't have to think about anything except enjoying the show.

*My mother-in-law's surgery is on Tuesday. Her name is Kris. All prayers, good juju and energy are appreciated. =)

*I'll be back on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend and give lots of hugs and kisses to those you love! I know I will be.

3 comments:

  1. I CRINGE when HOMESCHOOLing moms blogs a FULL of typos!

    I'm sure this is kind of an emotional time for you all. Enjoy your trip and I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my dyson vacuum.

    These are teaching moments, although they break your heart. Don't shy away from the questions or emotions, but feel together. By being real about your emotions concerning these difficult times, your children will continue to talk to you when they're teenagers. (as I am discovering)

    Praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Psych!! I belly laugh so so hard.. yes yes!!
    Love my Dyson too.. he is my other man and helps with the cleaning.. he is a keeper for sure.

    Praying for you RuthAnne... healing, comfort, and a really warm memory filled time with your family... big big hug.. Amy

    ReplyDelete