Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday 'Fess Up

I enjoyed my confessions last Friday, so I'm thinking I may keep it going. For now, at least.

I confess:

Remember when I was on HCG and gained almost a pound inexplicably? Well, the next week it suddenly hit me what had happened. Josh had given me a massage. With massage OIL. Um, yeah. I am super bright. Like a 40 watt bulb. :-P

I am making cinnamon rolls today for breakfast tomorrow. I keep coming across them and can't get them out of my head. I'm a sucker like that.

I did not go to spinning today. I debated for a long time whether or not I should, since Kate is home from school. She isn't enrolled in the daycare at the gym, and I could have gotten her a day pass. But my house needs some scrubbing and we have a playdate at noon, so I skipped spinning.

I eat a lot of things for the texture rather than the actual taste.

I love Vanilla Nut and Peppermint Mocha creamer.

Fall is my absolute most favorite time of year. Hands down.

I think I'm going to have to start logging my calories in The Daily Plate if I want to lose these last 10 pounds. I'm just maintaining, which is much better than gaining, but I've got 10 pounds to go. Hmph.

I love to read. I am at the end of almost all the series I've started, and the other books I have reserved on the waiting list at the library will take approximately 4 years to get to me since everyone else is also waiting to read them. (The Help, The Elegance of the Hedgehog, the newest Hannah Swenson and Sarah Booth Delaney books, a couple of Stephanie Plum novels, etc...)

I made pumpkin pancakes this morning and they were super delicious. I made them with half whole wheat flour and they are actually pretty clean. Ish. Only 1T of brown sugar and otherwise it's just spices and pumpkin.

We've been watching Christmas movies for over a month. I haven't broken out the Christmas music yet, but we're definitely gearing up. I don't love Halloween. I do love Thanksgiving and Christmas. Just fyi.

I love the happy face mug my friend gave me. I alternate between it, a cheery striped Christmas one, and my big ol' travel cup.

My coffee tastes plasticky this morning. Gross.

I think my head has lost weight. My glasses suddenly are way too big and will NOT stay up on my nose. I'm constantly looking over them as they perch on the end of my nose and I remind myself of Goldilocks' granny.

I think Dawne SHOULD create some type of therapy for people who have lost weight, cuz it's definitely needed. Learning to adjust to new body images and the psychological growth that needs to happen and what not.

I am so, so, so happy that we have no plans for tomorrow or Sunday, besides going to church. I have a couple of projects for my Joshie to do and I plan to have the fire going all weekend and putter around the house like the good homebody I am.

Have a really wonderful weekend, everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. I really loved this post, so I copied your idea on my new blog, I hope you don't mind, check it out.
    www.randomandsimplethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to be a copy cat too!!! I love this idea! I super duper love that Jen is blogging again...I can't believe she can find the time!

    And, I just want to sell the therapy idea and make millions, and mean, help millions! :)

    xxxx Pumpkin muffins in moderation, pumpkin muffins in moderation - repeat after me! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete