Thursday, October 7, 2010

Muffin Top--the good kind =)

Well, I made the muffins yesterday and they turned out really super yummy. You either get about a bazillion normal size muffins or 24 gigantic muffins. I went the gigantic route, as I got tired of baking them. ;-)

The dough is very, very stiff and sticky so it's sort of hard to get the batter into the muffin wrappers. However, they really don't rise that much at all, so you can fill them pretty darn full. They also come out exactly the way they went in, so if you're looking for pretty muffins you'll have to do some work.

Here is the original link to credit the person who came up with it. =)

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/09/easy-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins.html

The recipe was posted last year, so I'm not sure if there is still a pumpkin shortage this year, although in my experience, there is. I had to go to 3 different stores before I found a can and then they were charging $4 bucks for it. I did find it at Costco, in the 3 pack (of 30oz cans) so I grabbed it then.

Anyway, here they are after I baked them:


As I mentioned, I made them with white chocolate chips. Next time I will definitely use milk chocolate (my fave) or you could use semi-sweet, too. The white chocolate make them a bit on the sweet side, and since they are already large you can't really get through a whole one. Or, if you do, you get a stomach ache. Don't ask me how I know this.

Anyway, I give it two thumbs up. It's easy and yummy, and if you don't add the chocolate chips and don't make gargantuan muffins, relatively low in calories, too.

How's that for a weight-loss blog post. ;-)

Moving on to something a little more in-line with losing weight... body image.

Earlier this week I was looking at myself in a full length mirror and I didn't look (to myself) one iota different than when I was a size 14. I looked just as fat. Regardless of the fact that I was wearing my 5/6 jeans, what I saw in the mirror was a bloated, fat version of me.

I know I'm not the same size. When I hold up my jeans they look so small and I can't understand how they fit me. I am not that small, am I?

It was weird, because I totally realize I am not still a size 14. I have gotten smaller. But it's like I have body dysmorphia but I don't because sometimes I can see in the mirror that my body is smaller.

I don't know if I even really have a point with this, except that it was weird and even as I looked at myself I wondered how I could look so large when I have lost some weight.

I wonder when the endorphins from exercise are supposed to kick in? I feel like I could use a big ol' dose right about now. ;-) And I know that if I continue with the spinning I will get toned and in better shape. So I'm not going to stop, but I wish my brain would catch up with the fact that I'm exercising and (besides the pumpkin muffins) trying to eat healthier and reward me with a flood of serotonin. :-D

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. Josh has been gone 2 days this week; as in, we haven't seen him since Monday night. Like, at all. =( He'll be home tonight and then tomorrow he gets to come home early as we have an open house goal setting meeting type thing for Kate in the late afternoon. I am so ready for the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is something we all have to come to terms with and I think it's critical to understand it in order to maintain our losses. I call it culture shock! We're not used to being the size 5 (ya, and I never will be), but only remember the 14. We don't see ourselves as part of the "thin" world. It's just like the culture shock I had moving to a foreign, third world country. The need to make up a therapy program that helps weight loss losers deal with this! I should sell the idea to some Dr. and make a million! :) I'd share some with ya...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stopped by to your blog for the first time, you have done amazing in your weight loss!
    I look forward to following along to see the Skinny Turtle do great things!

    ReplyDelete