Monday, April 18, 2011

A Brighter Tomorrow

I had my appointment with my new therapist today.  Although I cried through the whole appointment, it was good.  I really like the therapist and I feel confident in her skills.  She prescribed me Zoloft for my anxiety/panic attacks and also gave me a new prescription for Xanax.

I took my first Zoloft this afternoon when I picked it up, and I'm hopeful that it will work.  In the past I have been switched from different meds to different meds to different meds and nothing really worked.  I'm hoping that between my visits to Dr. Ray and the Zoloft I'll have some semblance of normal life. Whatever that is. :-P

Speaking of Dr. Ray, I will be going to see him at the end of the month. It'll be a very short trip, but that's fine with me.  I just need him to work his magic and then I'm ready to head back to my family. =) 

I also am waiting to hear back from my regular MD regarding my migraine medicine; I've been getting one a day so I am very anxious (ha! There's Zoloft for that) ;-) to get started on the medicine that will prevent them.  I have my MRI on Wednesday and I'm just looking forward to having it behind me.

I feel like I've accomplished a lot in the past few weeks; maybe not counting calories and dropping pounds, but at least my children and I are still alive, healthy and (relatively) happy.  That's what is most important to me anyway. 

I won't complain if the Zoloft reduces my appetite (a possible side-effect) and I drop some pounds, but mostly I look forward to feeling GOOD.  Being HAPPY.  Being CONTENT.  Being CALM.  ENJOYING my family and my life.  I look forward to that so very, very, very much.

It takes 4-6 weeks for it to fully get in my system, but today is the first step, the first day to a better tomorrow.  A brighter, happier, cheerier tomorrow!

I'll keep you posted. =)

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote, I am not sure if I would rather be happy or cheerful, but I would take either. xo, MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be interested to see if it has those side effects for you. I've had some friends on that med before..some with success, some not. I'm really hoping and praying that this works for you. Yay for being a good Mom despite it all.

    ReplyDelete