Monday, April 11, 2011

Simplify

Phew.  When it rains, it pours!

In the last two weeks the following have happened:

Josh's work vehicle got broken into, and they stole his suitcase/clothes and laptop.
Our van transmission pooped out, leaving me with no car to get to my many appointments, or a way to get Kate to school.
My friend and I had planned a trip together to AZ so I could see Dr. Ray and she could sit in the sun.  Our tickets got messed up, and then she hurt her back very badly, and I can't find a babysitter. So we postponed the trip.

There are lots of other little things, but those are the huge, gigantic things that have been stressing us out.  So today, I decided to simplify.

I canceled as many of the appointments as I could.  I am enjoying a day with my sweet Kate at home.  I am taking it easy, and slowly, steadily working on the house.  I am going to be very aware  of what I eat.  I am going to make sure to drink enough water.

I feel like life got so complicated, so stressful, so FULL that everything started spiraling downwards, everything became too much.  I was on the brink of a breakdown.

This past weekend was spent at our church conference center, and it was SO SO SO nice.  I got to visit with my friends, the kids had an absolute blast, and it was just the breath of fresh air that I needed to clear my head.

"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone..."  :-D

I feel so much better about everything.  All the issues aren't resolved, but when I simplify everything it takes 90% of the burden away.

So. I'm doing better.  I'm going to focus on being healthy/eating well/drinking water.

I gave my scale to a friend of mine who is doing HCG, so I haven't stepped on it in a loooong while.  When I get it back I think I'll weigh once a week. I'd like to start making changes, small changes, so that the pounds will start coming off.  Even if it's slowly.  That's ok.  That's basically all I can manage anyway.  I don't have time (or even the ability to work out, with my bladder issues).  So for now, I'll be focusing on my food intake in hopes of dropping a few pounds, to get back to where I ended my last HCG round at.

I have no idea what I weigh currently. I don't even particularly care about the number.  I just want to feel good and healthy.  That's my goal.

I hope you had a good weekend and I wish you all amazing success this week! I'm looking at you, Dawnie!!! =)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my RA,
    That's the healthiest talk I've heard out of you in a while. Health really is the goal, isn't it? Not a magic number that we randomly pick from a chart,from the past, from our dreams...ha ha.

    I hope that God continues to bless you and that the hard days are over for a while! Things to all tend to go at once...in our house too.

    Dawnie adores her RA. Say hello and love to Jen.

    ReplyDelete