Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Holding It Together

Well, here I sit, with a bursting bladder, but trying not to go. :-O  WHY would I do that, you ask? It's part of my therapy. I have to train my bladder to be able to only use the restroom every 3 hours.  Right now I'm aiming for only every 2 hours, which seems like a breeze, right?  Except, that I'm ALSO drinking a minimum of 50oz of water a day.  So my bladder is really getting a workout! I feel like it'll absolutely explode and I still have an HOUR to go. EEEKKK!!!

I was very discouraged yesterday, with my health in general.  But I feel much better now, more hopeful.  My therapist is very optimistic about my prognosis, which is a huge relief.  And although it's a lot of work and brain power (I actually have ALL KINDS of alarms set on my phone to remind me of all the things I'm supposed to be doing, for my bladder alone) it is so worth it.  And when I'm organized and know what I'm supposed to be doing, it's a huge help.

I am continuing to keep track of what I eat; it helps me to visualize everything I've eaten/drunk.  I'm not perfect and it hasn't been completely healthy.  Last night I enjoyed some authentic, greasy, salty tortilla chips with Tostitos cheese sauce.
It's totally fake, but was soooo good. And I didn't overdo it, but enjoyed it in moderation.

I don't really have much else going on, health and diet and exercise wise.  

Hope you're all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment