Thursday, February 17, 2011

Half Dead

I'm half dead. I can't really function like this, but there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

I need to sleep. Uninterrupted. For more than 3 hours. And not start my day at 5:30a.m. day after day after day after day.

After my high and holy post yesterday I totally bombed and ate rice crackers and cheese for lunch. In copious amounts. I even ate chocolate peanut butter ice cream, and I don't even care for ice cream! The stress is getting to be too much. I'm going crazy.

I weighed 139.6 today and I can't even be bothered to care. All I can think about is sleep. How can I sleep, when can I sleep, where can I sleep.

I know that I'm in my PMS week, which doesn't help anything, and I know part of my weight gain is water retention and bloating.

I'm taking a mental health day. My mom and sisters are coming over. I'm sending the kids outside to run off some energy. I'm making boiled eggs so I have an easy protein snack to grab. I'm throwing away the ice cream. And I'm thanking the good Lord above for a) Xanax so I don't turn into a total she-wolf and b) that Josh comes home tonight.

Until tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. Feel better. Fatigue and stress are always what get me too. The stresses of everyday life can seem so overwhelming at times. I hope you can find some time to sleep. Chocolate peanut butter ice cream would tempt me beyond belief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do it. We just got a puppy and I am exhausted with having to get up at night to go out with him and spend the whole day watching him because he can't be trusted yet but I can always put him in his crate and take a nap when he does. With kids there is nothing that you can do. I too always reach for the chocolate and cookies and soda when I feel like this and I know it will only make it worse but I just can't help it. I don't know if it is possible but can you hire a neighborhood kid just to come play with the kids for a few hours one day so you can get the sleep you need? I hope you misery (my word, not yours) ends soon.

    ReplyDelete