Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Still here... And still on the wagon

Hi Folks,
Sorry for the long delay in posts. I've been busy and don't have much to say.

I'm still going strong being wheat free, with one slight, unintentional slip up. We had meatballs last night and I ate 4 of them before reading the ingredients and realizing they had wheat in them.

I haven't been weighing myself every day, because my weight wasn't dropping, in fact it was going up. I really wanted to give myself a full 7 days to see if cutting out wheat would do anything, so I haven't weighed since Friday or Saturday. Well, today I decided to step on the scale, confident I'd be down at least 2 pounds.

Nope. Down 1 pound. And I'm 99% sure that is gone only because I started my period and always lose a bit once that happens. So, I don't think I'm going to be so hardcore about cutting out wheat, as clearly my body isn't dropping any pounds quickly from not eating any. To me that means I don't have an allergy to it that causes me to retain water and/or gain weight.

I have felt a bit better emotionally, however. So my plan going forward is to not restrict myself from eating wheat, but also not to eat a ton of it all the time. Cut out breads where I can, but if I'm served something or want one serving of something with wheat, that's okay.

My current weight is 139, so it's still definitely UP. :-( I don't feel like I've been eating a lot of calories, and I feel like for the most part I've been making healthy eating choices. The last 2 days I have had a couple pieces of Norwegian chocolate each day (a gift from my BIL) but other than that I've been eating healthy meals and not snacking as much. But still no drop in weight. Bleh.

I'm sort of blase about it currently because I don't have the energy to expend on doing anything more. I find it tedious and unpractical to try to count calories. I'm too tired to exercise. And honestly, although I don't/won't allow myself to keep gaining, if I maintain between 137 and 139 I'm okay with that. It's not optimal; I'd love to stay right at 136.2 which was the lowest I ever saw. But that ain't happening.

In other news, I'm going away with Josh for our anniversary this weekend! We've been married 7 years and are going to the eastern part of the state where it's currently snowing. It'll be fun and cozy; we both love to read and play board games so it's right up our alley to be snowed into a cabin. =)

I'll try to report in more, but I just haven't had much to report/say.

Hope you're all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment