Thursday, February 10, 2011

Taking a Break

Not from blogging. :-D

Today I feel like total and absolute... poo. I feel angry, irritated, anxious, impatient. My intestines are all wonky; half the time I can't have a bowel movement and the other half I'm racing for the toilet. I feel sluggish. Heavy. Headaches and muscle aches are in full force.

So, I decided today that starting tomorrow I will be trying to cut out sugar and wheat. :-O

This is a huge step for me, and it's not going to be easy. But I think sugar and wheat are adding a LOT to my stress levels; or rather my inability to handle and cope with stress. I need to stock up on more fruits and veggies, as we've eaten all I had. I'll be focusing on eating lean meats like chicken and turkey, eggs and fruits and vegetables. And drinking water. Lots of water. Flushing all the wheat and sugar from my system.

I don't think I'll go 100% off forever. Cuz I do like me some pizza and I think it's okay to eat it once in a while. But lately I've been eating sugar and wheat in excess. Truly, I have. And that has to stop.

Today I weighed 139, which puts me at 3 pounds up and technically I'm supposed to fast today. Except, I haven't. My sister made cinnamon rolls and I ate one, as well as an orange, chocolate, cranberry scone from yesterday's batch. Yes, I have been making scones on an almost daily basis. And yes, I have been eating them.

So, to combat my weight from skyrocketing and having to relose AGAIN and in trying to gain some sanity wherever I can, sugar and wheat are getting the boot. I'm not sure how long I'll do this, but at least 7 days. Oh, and I don't really want to replace my addiction with "sugar free" foods either. I don't think those chemicals are any better for me than real sugar. I'm not saying I'll never have a sugar free jack and jill americano, because I will. I'm just saying I won't be stocking my cupboards with diet drinks and foods that are sugar free. Amen.

If you have any tips, ideas, recipes, etc... I'm all ears!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't go sugar free(artificial sweeteners, diet drinks)...you're ob-gyn prob told you that it's very unsafe to have any artificial sweetener when preggers, so it's prob not the best to ever have it! (Although, I'm allergic to splenda(sucralose))
    Eric & I did try to go on a sugar detox but it was quite expensive since we already consume huge quantities of meat lol But the veggies are not cheap, nor trying to feed to small kiddos with that diet. I think we're going to retry, but in moderation. Less breads, pasta and sugar, but not cut it out 100%(I would never be able to afford to feed Eric)
    And so I feel I'm rambling my thoughts to you now, lucky you lol

    ReplyDelete