Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Distressed

Hmmm wonder what I'm going to blog about today? :-P

You guys, I don't know what to do.  After seeing that two pound gain, I kinda lost it.  I was sad and discouraged.  I didn't binge, at least.  But I did have a handful of peanut butter pretzels, and then later some salami and cheese and cucumbers, and lastly a cheeseburger and fries from McDonalds on our way to a Christmas concert. Bleh.

I didn't weigh today, and now I'm grappling with a decision.  Should I start back up today, and use the drops that I'm not sure are working, or should I just wait til after Christmas and get new drops?

Just to be clear, I can buy new drops whenever I need to.  But I'm wondering if I'm setting myself up for failure by trying to do a strict diet during this season of visiting/entertaining and it revolves significantly around food.  I'm kind of leaning towards starting after Christmas.  But am I just giving up and taking the easy way out??

I really am not sure what to do, but I do know this: thinking about sticking with the diet during this time makes me stressed.  So I think that's my answer.  I'll back off, but not allow myself to overeat.  I will be watchful and mindful of what's going in my mouth.

I will start again.  I will conquer this. I have to.  It's a fight I'm not willing to give up. I can't give up.

So I guess that's where I stand... kind of on hold with HCG but definitely NOT on hold with moderation. And not a false sense of moderation, either:


I will truly be aware of whether I'm eating out of physical hunger or soul hunger.

Here's to a successful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment