Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Soul Hunger

So far I am loving the Woman of Moderation study.  One of it's main premises is that we eat out of soul hunger, instead of physical hunger.  We feel a void, and try to fill it with food, instead of God.

This is definitely true in my life.  I am very good at keeping myself busy, going, going, going, never letting myself really stop and think, or reflect.  I distract myself with food, the internet, Pinterest, reading, whatever.  I don't want to see what's really inside, deep down.  Because that means I have to work.  And work hard.

There is so much garbage that I need to process/wade through/eliminate.  It's an emotional, stressful thing.  But it needs to be done.  I need to move on.  There are lots of issues that I need to deal with, way too much and too intimate to go into here, but suffice to say that those issues are a HUGE reason why I eat.

I am dedicated to working through these things, to learning to go to God instead of food, to be rooted and grounded in Him.

The Women of Moderation study has a meal plan, but I'm not following it, obviously.  I am doing HCG to get the weight off quickly, but I will be following the other advice in the book, doing the Bible study and learning to be quiet and listen to what God wants to speak to me.

For some people losing weight may be just a physical journey, but for me, personally, it's spiritual as well.

I am feeling really good, staying determined and not tempted to cheat.  I am excited for the future, excited to shed these pounds, excited to "find" myself, and excited to grow closer to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment