Monday, December 16, 2013

Sloooooooow and Steady

Hello All!
Hope you had a good weekend.  We had a fantastic Christmas celebration at church and it was so much fun!

I am losing much, much more slowly than I have in the past.  I think I'm on day 7 or something, and I haven't even lost 5 pounds, and usually I'd be down 6 or 7 pounds.  But, miraculously, I'm not discouraged.  I am doing this, no matter how fast or slow it goes.  My blog IS the Skinny Turtle, after all. ;-)

I have definitely not been as strict as I've been in the past, which is why things are slower, but also why I'm able to stick to it.  I decided today to *gasp* cut out my beloved coffee creamer.  I used up the last of it today, and it's a good thing.  I don't use 1 tablespoon (the recommended serving size); I use 4 or 5, which equals 7 or 8 grams of fat.  From now on I'll use fat free half and half, and Truvia which is a natural 0 calorie sweetener.

Hopefully that'll allow things to pick up speed a little bit.  I also reconciled with myself today, that even if I'm not AT goal by February and our Mexico trip, it's okay.  I will be significantly smaller, I will be able to enjoy myself and that's all that matters.

I am so thankful that my determination has remained with me.  It hasn't been without a fight, for sure.  It's Christmas and there are so many delicious baked goods EVERYWHERE!! At our celebration last night they had these cookie bars that looked so, so, so, SO good.  But I didn't even take a nibble, I didn't even lick the chocolate off my fingers after handing them to my kids.  At home I had made these buttery, milk chocolatey, mint cookies for the young people who were setting up for the party, and I had some left over.  They are so good.  And they are sitting there, all fluffy and chewy and delectable, staring at me.

I have not had one tiny crumb.  Not one!! Go me! ;-)  Last night I did eat some Mike & Ike's.  They are fat free, but still have calories, so definitely not something I need to eat regularly.  In fact, I'm thinking I need to just cut them out entirely, rather than taunt myself, or eat too many.

I'm almost out of my drops, and I'm excited to get a new bottle, because I think that's part of my problem.  The drops I have are fairly old, and may very well have lost their potency.  We will see if my weight loss picks up when I get the new bottle.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment