Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hi Guys!
Sorry I went MIA.  We have been busy with the holidays, then our little family took an impromptu trip to the coast.

I am on Day One of low calorie HCG.  I had a little epiphany over the weekend while we were away.  I was having my binge days before the low cal part of my diet (and I enjoyed every bit of it). ;-)  Anyway. I was thinking about the upcoming days of eating low calorie.  And I wasn't freaking out about it.  You know why?

Because I WANTED to do it.  Not because I felt I HAD to.  There's a big difference.  Honestly, if I were marooned on an island with no mirrors and just my family and friends, I would be fine with how I am right now.  Which is saying something, because I have never, ever, EVER been this large.  Ever.  But the truth is, I want to change FOR ME.

I want to be healthier. I want to start jogging.  I don't want to have a heart attack while climbing stairs, carrying loads of stuff when we are on vacation.  I don't want to think about my clothes/what I look like all day.  I just want to be me, a healthy version of me.

I'm hoping to be down 30 pounds by the time we go to Mexico, which would put me at roughly the half way mark.  That's a little depressing, cuz I just want to be DONE, but you know what? It's a good, solid start.

So that's where I'm at.  Going into the New Year with high hopes of getting myself back.

I hope you had a fabulous holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. i have commented on all your post from my iPad and they all went missing. I don't know why but know that I amour here and am so happy for your success. I understand the feeling better in your clothes and how all that make your day so much better.
    When my mom was really sick I dropped a lot of weight fast and I could wear every single thing in my closet and I had so much energy because I felt better about myself. Not because I was skinny but because I fit in my clothes, I felt better in my own skin.
    Keep going you will be so happy with yourself.

    ReplyDelete