Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to MEEEEEE!

Hi Guys,
First of all... sorry I lied. I totally thought I'd be posting this weekend, but A) I forgot the laptop and B) I actually rarely get a chance to sit and be on the computer when we're down visiting family.

Anyway, I had a great time. My birthday was yesterday; I'm a grown-up now. I'm 32 years old! :-O I do NOT feel that old; I pretty much stopped aging at 24. ;-)

I've always LOVED my birthday. I love that it's in the fall, specifically in November. I've always looked forward to it with great anticipation and I've always had a lovely day. I don't remember a single year that I was disappointed with my birthday.

This year was going to be different, I thought. With Kris' tumor and us living in Seattle I thought it just wasn't going to be the same; wasn't going to be as fun. But I was wrong. My friends and family absolutely made my day wonderful!

On Friday night I hung out and chatted with my friends, on Saturday I had a party with my side of the family and then hung out with Josh's side of the family later in the day. On Sunday, my actual birthday, I got tons of birthday wishes. SO much fun, and SUCH a needed ray of sunshine in my life.

Plus, I made out like a bandit!

I got:
*A new phone. The LG Sentio.
*LOTS of socks!!!!!!!!
*Super Awesome Mixing Bowls!!!! With Lids!!!!
*Chai Tea!!!!
* Dorothea Benton Frank Books!!!!
*Moose Munch!!!!!
*Candles!!!!
*A New Purse!!! (That's not mine, but it's very similar)
*Wine, Almond Joys and EAR PLUGS!!!! (THANKS, Jen!!) :-D It's an inside joke, Yes, we're weird and crazy, and that's what makes us such good friends. :0) (And for the life of me I can't figure out how to post pictures side by side... help??)


*Sea Salt Chocolate!!!!
*And a long drive home in the pouring rain, with a screaming child that ended with the bag of Almond Joys disappearing, Josh and I singing the Wonder Pets theme song quite loudly, and general silliness all around. :-D

All in all it was a wonderful day and I am so thankful to have been blessed with such amazing friends and family. Seriously. Out of the ballpark awesome.

I will do another post later today, or maybe tomorrow, about my weight and things I plan to change in this, my thirty-second year of life. =)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Ruth Anne! I am glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete