Monday, November 29, 2010

Hibernating Bear

Thanks to those who took the time to comment on my last post.

It seems there are a few people reading. And I decided that I'm doing this for myself and not to see how many people are following along. This is my journey, so even if no one reads, I will keep at it.

Especially after weighing in this morning. 145.2. GULP. Apparently all my excessive eating and drinking has caught up with me. Granted, it is my TOM and I'm bloated and craving/eating salt. But still. I really hate moving my ticker back, in the wrong direction. My poor turtle. She has learned much patience on this journey.

I don't have lots of time right now, or even much time in the coming weeks. In 11 days we'll be moving back, and in the meantime I leave for AZ this Thursday. So I have LOTS of packing, cleaning, organizing, and other things to do until our move is complete.

But I have decided I have to put more effort into living healthier. This year the holidays have seemed so overwhelming and stressful, and I know a large part of that is due to the fact that holidays = food. People bake and buy goodies and they are in abundance, all around. And that is so STRESSFUL when you're on the weight-loss path, or even just learning moderation.

However, I'm not going to throw in the towel and I'm going to make a conscience effort to lose these 5 pounds I've gained. And then continue to lose the rest of this excess weight. I can see it on my body now. I have a thick layer of fat around my stomach that is exactly where the 5 pounds is sitting. My pants are tight and the muffin top abounds. Basically I'm a bear who is well prepared to hibernate. :-D

Poor Pooh Bear didn't know when to stop; he hasn't learned moderation yet. And see how unhappy he looks!?

I'll try to continue to post; I just saw/figured out the option to write a post and have it publish at a later date, so I can maybe do something like that. ANYWAY, I'll try to at least check in to let you know how I'm doing and to keep myself accountable. I'm not trying to count calories or do anything like that just yet. Life is much too crazy for that right now; I don't have the time or desire to run to my computer umpteen times a day to find out how many calories are in things.

But I'll choose to put healthy food in my mouth, and I really, really, really am going to work hard at drinking water.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thanks again for all the comments and I promise to answer all the questions soon.

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY!! I have been coming on here to check if you had posted again at least 3 times a day. And I also noticed you still haven't answered the questions I left you in your last post. Hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, don't throw in the towel. Keep fighting Ruth Anne. It's amazing how fast the numbers can creep back up, eh? I've had a creep up myself and I've got to get back at it...Seriously!

    ReplyDelete