Thursday, November 11, 2010

I got no R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It was a yucky day and I ran out of time and energy.

I saw the "doctor" yesterday. Pshaw! She calls herself a doctor, but get this... She didn't have me fill out ANY paperwork. She has/had NO IDEA of any of my medical history!!! And she didn't get it from anywhere else. Isn't that weird!? How on earth can she give me a comprehensive exam if she has no idea of my past medical history?? She can't.

I explained all of my head symptoms, and actually I had quite a headache while in the office. She seemed to diagnose me immediately as having migraines and didn't budge from there. She also refused to do any blood work, even though I specifically asked, because "it was done in the last 18 months and was normal." How did she know this? I told her. But then realized later that it's been longer than that, and HELLO!? I just got finished telling her I'm having memory problems. ARGH!!!!

So, no blood work whatsoever. No celiac test. No nothing except a routine physical and a prescription for migraine meds. Which, I've taken twice and won't be taking anymore. I was instructed to take one pill at the onset of my headache; I can take up to 4 pills a day. I usually get these headaches 2-3 times a day. But after taking the meds twice, I'm not impressed. They actually made me feel much worse. The side effects are nausea and dizziness. Um, no thanks. I already have that with my headaches. Plus, it makes my head feel like it's going to explode from all the pressure and makes the muscles in my neck and jaw super tight. I just read the package and it says if that happens to stop taking it and call the doctor. And it clearly states the medicine won't lessen the frequency of the headaches, it's just supposed to take care of the symptoms when you get one. I don't want to be taking 3-4 pills a day of this stuff.

SUPER. DUPER. FRUSTRATING.

So, yeah. I feel like it was a waste of time, like I wasn't taken seriously and now I'm even more discouraged. I had to just pick a doctor at random, and it didn't turn out so well for me. I think I'll wait to see Dr. Ray in December and then once I'm moved back in at home I'll find someone who can recommend a good practitioner to me. The only good thing about my visit yesterday is that I weighed 143 on their scale, with all of my clothes on (including a sweatshirt).

But for now, the headaches and vision problems continue. It is so crazy how bad my eyes get. I pointed out yesterday that I couldn't read the sign on the wall across from me, but it didn't seem to register with the doc. Either that, or she thought the migraine meds would help with my eye sight.

To make matters worse, I am completely and utterly exhausted. If I didn't know better, I'd think I was pregnant, but I'm not. Although part of the reason I'm so tired is because I keep having weird dreams about me being pregnant, having a baby, and then there is something wrong with the baby. The dreams are very realistic and I have "felt" the baby moving in my stomach more than one night in a row. It's all very strange and I don't know what to make of it. Any dream interpreters out there?

I know that a baby is a sign of new life and there are lots of changes and new beginnings going on around here, but this is a little ridiculous.

So that's the news on me. Yesterday after taking the first pill for my migraine I felt like I'd been run over by 31 semi-trucks. This morning my whole body feels bruised. My joints ache, my muscles feel like I've had Hulk Hogan perform deep tissue massage on them, my head wants to explode like a helium balloon that's been filled too full. Not pretty.

I haven't attempted to do an exercise video. I can barely get out of bed, off the couch, etc... to make food and take Kate to school and pick her up. No way Jillian is getting anything out of me right now. She'll just have to hold her horses.

I did get a passel of boxes today. Ha, I just said passel. :-P So I can begin the tedious process of packing. Yay. Not. But I'll just blast good music and have coffee and tea on hand to help me get through it. Hopefully the headaches will start to taper off. If not, I may have to hire a moving company. Or my siblings.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had such a hard day! Not all doctors will be like her. I hate that she waisted your time. Poop on her.
    Things will get better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth Anne, I hope you aren't planning on paying this doctor. In fact, I can't help but wonder if what the doctor did today is malpractice. At best it was negligence and very poor judgement.

    Now on to you. I seriously hope you get better soon. My wife is feeling bad in a similar way right now, so I can somewhat relate. She was just told at the doctor today that she may have to live with it. Grrr!

    ~South Beach Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you went to the right office? It sounds to me like you didn't even see a doctor, maybe just somebody who set up shop in an empty office space. But seriously, keep looking for a good doctor, because you will find a one who will not only help you find out what is wrong but help you get well. My doctor found my thyroid problem but I am not getting any better with all the medicine, so I will keep hoping to find someone to treat everything. Tomorrow is another day and I hope it gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so frustrating!Find a new doctor ASAP!

    ReplyDelete