Wednesday, May 4, 2011

C is for CT Scan

I had my CT scan this morning; it was so fast! I was in and out in less than 5 minutes literally.  The drive there and the wait was what took so long. ;-) 

The doctor should be calling back with the results and whether or not I have some blockage in my sinuses.  Since she told me about it I have noticed that I do have pressure there, but I think there was too much going on for me to really notice it and single it out.  Since I've been feeling better and more calm, I notice that the pressure is actually there most of the time.  So we'll see.

The only other thing that isn't peachy keen ;-) is my inability to fall asleep. SOOOOOO Frustrating!  It takes me 2-3 hours every single night to fall asleep, even if I don't consume any caffeine at all during the day.  And I tried taking Tyelnol PM twice and it did absolutely nothing. Nada. Zilch.  It still took me over two hours before I finally fell asleep.

I'm hoping that once the doc sees my CT scan and calls me back with what to do next that we can discuss it.  She originally was going to prescribe me migraine prevention medicine, which also was a sleep aid.  But now that my migraines may be due to blocked sinuses and not just stress/insomnia I don't know if that changes anything.

Other than that, I'm really good.  The Zoloft is really working wonders.  Life is so enjoyable now, and I treasure and cherish each of my children, instead of just feeling like they are burdens/extra work.  Don't get me wrong, they still have their attitudes and temper tantrums and opinions, but it's like I can see past that to the individuals they are and they are so special!  I'm so thankful for them.  And my husband? A gem.  For real.  I love him so much and things are looking really good with the job switch so he won't have to travel every week.  And to top it all off the SUN has been shining!!!!!


I hope you all are doing well!!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if the Zoloft was working any better. I don't know if you are starting to feel the happier side of things or still just in a bit of a fog? I would be happy to not be angry all the time but I need my little bit of happiness each day. MB

    ReplyDelete