Monday, May 2, 2011

The Sick House

Hello All,

I am back from Arizona, but came home to a house full of sick kiddos.  We've caught some sort of bug that makes us throw up and have diarrhea and fevers.  It's not been pleasant, but the kids have been super duper cuddly and mellow. ;-)

I had a good trip to AZ, although it was very quick.  I was only there less than 24 hours actually.  But I did get to sit in the sunshine for half an hour, and that was heavenly.  Dr. Ray was quite pleased with my hormones and chemicals.  They weren't too far off, which is great progress!  He also gave me something to help with this extreme fatigue I've been experiencing.  I took it yesterday and it did seem to help.  Not sure what it is exactly, but it's not ephedra or anything like that.

I haven't caught The Bug myself, but have definitely been under the weather.  Not eating much, feeling a little nauseated, no energy.  I am finally done with the penicillin so I'm hoping that most of those symptoms will go away now. 

Despite the kiddos being sick I had a really great weekend.  Because of the all the illness we were forced to slow down and just hang out around the house as a family, and it was nothing short of wonderful.  We all sat on the couch together, watching movies.  Occasionally someone would throw up, but they got quite good at just keeping a bowl near them so clean up was easy. ;-)

Yesterday it was really beautiful weather and the kids seemed to be feeling better so we went to the park for a bit and then came home and worked in the yard.  Well, ok, Josh worked in the yard while I sat in the sun and the kids went in the sprinkler.  But we overdid it and the kids sort of relapsed into wet noodles.  It was so nice to see the sun, though! I sat out in it all afternoon, and being the really smart gal I am, did not put on sunblock. So now I'm sunburned; but only on one side of my face, because I was sitting sideways to the sun. Fabulous.

All in all it was a lovely weekend, despite the sickness.  The kids are still moving really slow today and aren't quite 100%. I'm not complaining.  I've really enjoyed cuddling with them and having these really slow, lazy days. 

I see my therapist today to report back on how the Zoloft is working. I think it's working well, but I want to see how I do in the next few weeks to figure out if my nausea, lack of appetite, etc... was from the Zoloft or penicillin. 

All in all I'm doing well and feeling much better.  I am enjoying my life, despite it's imperfections.  I feel happy and content, not anxious or frazzled.  I have so much to be thankful for.

I'll leave you with the one picture I took while in AZ. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to sit in the sun for a bit at least. :)

    Hope the kiddos feel better soon and that you're able to avoid catching their bug. Take care.