Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm weird... but you already knew that ;-)

SO, I saw the ENT yesterday and turns out I'm weird. hee hee! 

I have some cysts in my sinuses and the lining is much thicker than normal. BUT it isn't inhibiting my breathing, or causing infections or causing me pain.  He also doesn't think that would be the cause of my headaches.  So no surgery.

I also have some weird mastoid stuff (something to do with my ears) going on; it looks like they were damaged when I was younger from ear infections.  I only remember having one infection, but it was a doozy and while we were on a road trip from Texas to California and we couldn't get antibiotics.  I have some hearing loss in my left ear; it's on the very lowest side of "normal".  But again, no surgery as it wouldn't be the cause of my headaches.

So basically I'm sorta back to square one, as far as figuring out the cause of the migraines.  I tend to believe they really were exacerbated by stress and lack of sleep because just being on Zoloft has decreased the number of headaches I've had.  The ENT doctor also said a lot of antidepressants/anti-anxiety drugs actually have the side effect of preventing migraines.

I'm still staying away from the other med I was prescribed, for helping me sleep and preventing migraines. I seem to be doing okay without it and don't want to be so incredibly drugged.  I know I could cut it down, but if I don't NEED it then I don't want it in my system.

Other than that, I'm doing really well! Today is Christian's birthday.  He is FIVE!!!!  He is so cute and has been so excited all day. He got a new "racing bike" and has been speeding around on it all morning.  We're having a party tonight and he can't wait. =)

I hope you're all well and healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Once again, I am glad that there is nothing wrong, it would seem like good news but not finding out what is causing this is kind of bad news. Hope your son has a Happy Birthday and you have a great time at the party tonight and enjoy a piece of cake, you deserve it. xo, MB

    ReplyDelete