Monday, May 9, 2011

ENT Consult

I have an appointment with the ENT surgeon today to see if he thinks I need surgery or not.  My doctor said he may want to prescribe another round of stronger antibiotics to see if that will clear up the fluid behind my ear and the thickening in my sinus cavities.  We'll see what he has to say.

All these appointments are EXPENSIVE.  EEEKKKKK!  We have a $1,000 deductible, so we've been paying out of pocket for the MRI, CT Scan, MD visits, therapist visits and physical therapy.  Wow, it is expensive.  But worth it, to be healthy.  We'll just be eating lots of beans and rice in the next few weeks. ;-)

I'm feeling well; I only took the medicine that was supposed to prevent migraines once because it knocked me out.  I was so sleepy for 24 hours afterward that I didn't even want to chance it by cutting it in half.  I'm going to talk to my doc to see if there is something else, or if we should just wait for now.  I got a really bad headache yesterday that made me throw up, but that's the first  one I've had in a long while since starting the Zoloft.  And it came after a busy weekend, so there you go.

I'm also feeling much less "drugged" and "numb" from the Zoloft and my appetite is returning more to normal.  Overall I'm very happy with how it's working for me.

Not much else going on around here.  I had a lovely Mother's Day, we celebrated Josh's birthday on Saturday and Christian's birthday is tomorrow.  Lots going on!  But I don't feel overwhelmed, so that's good. 

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment