Friday, May 6, 2011

Pip Pip Hooray!

My youngest son, Owen, says Pip Pip Hooray! instead of Hip Hip Hooray!  It's cute. ;-)

I'm excited it's Friday.  I haven't seen Josh since Tuesday and I can't wait to see him tonight when he gets home.

I got the results from my CT scan back, and there is thickening in the lining of my sinuses; the ones under my eyes by my cheeks.  I also have fluid behind my left ear.  So I'm being sent to the ENT surgeon for a consult on Monday.  Wheeee! Not. Yeah, I'm 32 and I just said Not.  Deal with it. =)

I feel a little overwhelmed at all the appointments I've been to and all the new medicine I'm on.  My doc finally prescribed me the pill that prevents migraines and helps me sleep.  Boy howdy!  I took it last night at 8pm and still feel drugged right now.  I think I will be cutting those babies in half from now on, or else taking them earlier.  That's what she suggested I try.  Cuz it's not fun trying to function in this thick fog!

In actuality I'm only on 2 prescription drugs, the Zoloft and the sleeping stuff, but it still feels like a lot.  It's chemicals, and drugs, you know? The Zoloft is staying, because it's made a clear and distinct difference for me, but I'm going to see if I can maybe not take the other one.  I have had significantly fewer headaches since I started the Zoloft.  I'm thinking that maybe since I'm less stressed the headaches are coming less often??  I don't know, we'll see.  It's not something you can start and stop willy nilly.

I seem to jinx myself on this blog. :-P  For example, after I wrote that I could get my rings off in the morning and at night, the next two mornings I couldn't get them off!  Then I said everything was hunky dory and life was great... and then yesterday happened.  Total chaos and stress all day long.  Oopsie.

But overall, in the whole scheme of things, everything is much greatly improved.  My kiddos are finally getting better.  Christian was the last one and it seems like he is much better today.  He is eating and not as lethargic and has been really fighting with the other kiddos.  And that's exactly what happened once the others started feeling better.  They got the energy to bicker again. ;-)

I plan to take it easy today, but not let the house fall apart.  Luckily I'm caught up on my laundry, just have one load to fold.  My kitchen is also pretty clean; just need to empty the dishwasher and reload the breakfast dishes.  Tonight I'm making pizza for dinner, but I'm gonna let my bread machine make the dough. =)

So all in all things are still going really well.  I'm very thankful!!!

I hope you have had a good week and I hope you all have a very nice weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great weekend, especially Mother's Day! xo, MB

    ReplyDelete