Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday 'Fess Up

I confess:

*The last two nights I haven't been in bed/asleep until after midnight.  And that just doesn't work for me.  I'm a person who needs sleep to function.  And since my kids have been waking up earlier than usual, this is not such a good time to be staying up late. :-P

*I am super excited for the long weekend.  We don't have any specific plans, but just the fact that Josh will be home with us is reason enough to be giddy!

*It appears I absolutely can not drink alcohol.  The last 3-4 times I've had one drink (and I'm talking a wine cooler-nothing crazy) I've thrown up. 

*I made Caribbean Chicken Salad yesterday and it's super delicious and can easily be made low fat.  Here is the recipe:

Caribbean Chicken Salad
2 c diced chicken (I always use Rotisserie chicken for the flavor and simplicity)
1/4 c diced celery
1/2 c red grapes, halved
1/2 c mayonnaise (you can use fat free)
1/2 c sour cream (again, you can use low fat or fat free)
1/2 c mango chutney (I've found it at Safeway and Fred Meyer here on the west coast)
1/2 T curry powder, or to taste

Mix the mayo, sour cream, chutney and curry powder first so the flavors can start melding.  Cut up remaining ingredients and then toss with the dressing.  Cover and chill for 30 minutes or longer.  It tastes even better the next day.  We eat it on croissants or with crackers.

*My kids are still acting whackadoodle.  Going on week 3 now.  Help.

*I haven't weighed myself because my scale is still on loan.  But I want to check in and see where I'm sitting at.  So I'm going to use my sister's scale this weekend.  Riveting, I know.

*In the past 2 weeks I've come across two different diets that I want to research more: The 4 Hour Body and The 17 Day Diet.  Has anyone heard of either of these?  I'm still researching them to see if it's something that I want to do or may work for me.

*I need a new TV series to watch with Josh.  Any suggestions?  Comedy is good.  Dark or dramatic is not.

*All 3 of my kiddos need haircuts.  Badly.  They are total ragamuffins.

*This weekend we are cutting down two HUGE trees from our front yard.  Well, WE'RE not doing it.  Some friends of ours are, because they want the wood for firewood.  I'm really excited because it's going to open up our yard so much more, and one of the trees is dead anyway and looks really scraggly.

*We can not decide on a paint color for our bedroom.  And I just want it painted already!

*I love owning our own home so we can do whatever we want to it. 

*We could literally mow our lawn twice a week with all the rain we're getting.  The grass is growing like crazy! My strawberry plant, on the other hand, is not.  Every day we check for strawberries, but so far no luck.

*I love you guys. =)

*The End.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy your confession, I never sleep and it sucks! I take an ambien every night and still only get 5-6 hours if I am lucky. We got a dog because I thought if I am up why not have company (we don't have kids). The dog has made it worse, I now realize how much rest I actually got even though I wasn't sleeping. Hopefully when he is out of his puppy stage I will get back to resting. I sound so lazy, I am lazy. Oh well.
    We opened our pool so we will just be hanging with some friends and family, it is suppose to be in the high 80's-90 where I live. Again another new thing is making sure the dog doesn't jump in or eat the furniture or floats.
    What are your favorite colors? I always paint everything yellow but when we renovated our house I went way out of my comfort zone and painted my bedroom and bathroom a gorgeous shade of french blue. Everyday I am in my shower and I think how much I love it, everything else in there is white marble.
    I would try your recipe but believe it or not I have never had curry. I can't stand spices of any kind. I can't even eat black pepper.
    Sorry to go on and on but for some reason your posts always seem to mirror my own life and we seem to have such similar issues.
    Have a nice weekend, xo, MB

    ReplyDelete