Monday, March 14, 2011

Fresh Beginning

Hello Friends!
I'm back from a really lovely weekend. I was able to go to a women's retreat and it was very special and I feel rejuvenated and refreshed. Although not much sleep was had. :-D We girls sure can talk!!! =)

I weighed in at 141.2 today, which is great considering they had SO MUCH good food over the weekend. I didn't overdo it at any point, but I did eat quite a bit overall. I think I got a little carried away because the food was basically a huge spread that I didn't have to prepare. It was quite luxurious. =)

Yesterday for breakfast they served do-it-yourself yogurt parfait and BAM! I was inspired. =) I went right out that afternoon and bought greek yogurt and granola, and I have frozen blueberries in my freezer. I'm looking forward to enjoying it for breakfast on a regular basis. I'm not a huge breakfast eater; I don't feel hungry right away and if I eat a big meal I usually end up feeling sick. So I'm very excited about the yogurt.

I'm contemplating doing another round of HCG in April. My sister is doing it, and possibly another friend of mine. My goal is to lose these 5 pounds I've gained before starting that round. I'm not sure I can do it, but I'm going to try. Even if I don't end up doing the round, it'll still be nice to shed these extra pounds.

I am still working to find a balance to eating healthy and being healthy, but not letting it overtake my whole life. I don't want my children to suffer because I'm "on a diet" or because I'm miserable because I feel gross. So it's a work in progress.

I have to jet as my blessed children slept in until 7:30 today! :-O But now we're having to rush a bit to get Kate to school on time. So I'm off!

Happy Monday! Make it a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I now would choose the yogurt/ berries and granola over ice cream any day!!!!

    ReplyDelete