Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm alive! And well!

Eeek, sorry it's been so long since my last post.  I just sort of got overwhelmed with blogging and the internet in general, so I took a few days off.  I feel better now. =)

My PT appointment went well.  It's pretty personal and sorta embarrassing so I'm not going to go into details here.  But if you have questions, feel free to email me and I'll be happy to answer them.

One part of my therapy that I will share about is that I have to keep track of what I eat and drink for 3 days.  Apparently diet is a BIG factor in all this.  Who knew!?  For example, caffeine = very bad.  It irritates the bladder, causing you to use the restroom more, which conditions your body to thinking it has to go A LOT and RIGHT NOW.  Interesting stuff.

I'm doing well otherwise.  My log has actually been really helpful; it's basically done away with my mindless eating because I have to record everything!  I think I might try to keep it up even after I'm done with my log for PT.  I don't want to get stuck in a rut or put pressure on myself, but it seems to help me be aware of what is actually going down the ol' gullet. ;-)

I haven't weighed in a long while.  Actually, that's not true.  I weighed on Monday and my dearly beloved scale told me I weighed 124!! HA HA!  Clearly it's not working well.  ;-)  And I haven't stepped on since, because I just don't care.  I was talking to my good friend Jen today, and we both came to the same conclusion.

It's not our top priority. Our weight, that is.  There are too many other, more important things in life that need our attention, and our weight is NOT one of them.  It doesn't matter that summer and bathing suit season is coming.  Both of us are the smallest we've been in years; both of us are smaller than we were at our weddings, pre-kids!!  So we're gonna be thankful for the progress we've made, strive to make good choices and NOT stress it.

Good plan, huh!? Yeah, we're smart. :-D

I think with the coming of summer things will naturally fall into place.  Fruits and vegetables will be readily available and fresh.  The sun will be out (hopefully!!!!!) and there will be a natural draw to play and run in the sunshine.  We're getting a big trampoline this weekend for the kids, and I hope to spend some time on it, too. =)

In other news, I definitely am not doing another round of HCG. I don't feel motivated, I don't want to screw up my hormones any more than they already are, and that's that. =)  I am very happy with this decision, and feel it's the right one at this time.  I may be ready for another round later in the fall, but we'll see.

I hope you're all well!

3 comments:

  1. Glad that the physical therapy session went well. Good luck with the caffeine thing, I'm having trouble getting off that drug, as documented in my blog. Hopefully the treatment sorts out your issues soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you again! I see I'm not the only one who hasnt weighed in a while:) Guess what? I went clothes shopping today and yup...I did not feel one bit depressed about my body...just kept trying things on till I found stuff that looked right! Its gonna be a good summer eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So have Sarah and/or Liz take everybody to Kids Club and you nap :) win/win

    ReplyDelete