Monday, June 20, 2011

The 17 Day Diet, Take Two

Hey Ya'll. 

Sorry for the delayed absence.  I got a killer migraine that lasted 2 days and couldn't really get on the computer.  Then we headed to the beach, and now here I am again. =)

On Saturday I got a chance to weigh myself and I was 139.6, so that is what I am posting for last week's weight.

I'm starting the 17 Day Diet again today, (and I think my mom is joining me, too!).  I've gone back and forth about wanting to do it.  I have probably 10-15 pounds that could still come off, especially going according to all the "charts" that are out there.  For a person 5'4" like me, I'm supposed to weigh anywhere between 102 (!!) to 130.  So yeah, I could lose some more.  But, here's the thing.

I'm happy where I'm at.  I feel good.  We went shopping this weekend and I'm solidly in a size 8.  10's are definitely too big.  At Loft I even fit into a size 6, but I hear their sizing is a little off, in favor of people fitting a smaller size than usual.  I feel comfortable in my skin and clothes, even though I could definitely tone up, and I don't "love" the way I look in a bathing suit.  But really, I've NEVER loved the way I looked in a bathing suit, even before kiddos.

So I'm in a bit of a conundrum.  Because I am so content, it makes it hard to restrict myself.  But on the other hand, if I could lose 10-15 pounds, that'd be great! And the 17 Day Diet seems very doable, so I'm going to give it a shot.  We'll see what happens.

I have some chicken baked up and I'm marinating some turkey tenderloins too, which I'll grill either tonight or tomorrow.  I also plan to get a rotisserie chicken and eat the breast meat.

Other than that, things are going well.  We had a nice time at the beach and now it's back to the daily grind. My kiddos start swimming lessons today for 2 weeks, so we're off to do that soon.

Hope you are all doing well and had a great Father's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment