Thursday, June 2, 2011

Weigh In

I weighed in this morning using my sister's scale and I was at 139.4, which made me very happy. =)

A little over a month ago I was up to 147, so I'm very happy to be in the 130's, and I hope to keep moving lower.  I am ordering the book off Amazon, but waiting for some Swagbucks to come through first.  So once I get it and read it, I'll start.

For now I'm just working on making conscious eating decisions and not eating out of boredom.  I need to stock up on more greek yogurt and granola.  I think I'd like the greek yogurt better if it was flavored; even just vanilla.  But nonetheless, I like it, it keeps me full and it's not super high calorie.

I'm also enjoying the Rice and Bean chips from Costco; they didn't have them for a while, but now they do.  I don't know what it is about them, but I just love them; I crave them. I ate them with some lentils my mom brought over today and it was good; like chili.

I need to stock up on more fruits and veggies.  I'm loving red grapes right now, and will probably make that Caribbean chicken salad again.

I'm joining Dawne's June Challenge.
Or, it looks like maybe someone else started it, but I saw it on Dawne's blog and am jumping aboard this bandwagon. =)

I haven't read the rules, but for me I am going to challenge myself to... well, to eat WELL.  For me, that doesn't mean no treats.  But it DOES mean eating in moderation, not to excess and making sure I get enough lean proteins, veggies and fruits in.  I'm looking forward to it!  Especially now that more fruits are coming into season.  I can't wait for the strawberries; I'm going to make strawberry freezer jam. YUM.

So I'll keep you posted on when I get my 17 Day Diet book and maybe I'll post what I eat each day in June.  So far today I've had:

1 crepe
1 turkey sausage
12oz americano with cream and caramel flavoring
2oz rice and bean chips with 1/4 cup lentils

I also really, really, really need to work on my water intake.  Yikes, that has really fallen to the wayside and currently my lips are so chapped they are almost falling off my face. =(  So I'll work on getting in at least 70 ounces of water a day.

I think I'll weigh in on Thursdays and post it on my sidebar to the right.

Here's to a wonderfully successful month of June, and creating new, healthy habits!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!
    Good for you!
    :)
    Looking forward to hearing about the new diet :)
    Thanks again for hanging out today, and..
    I am headed to costco (or your house) :) asap

    ReplyDelete