Friday, June 3, 2011

Ruby

First off, here is what I ate yesterday:

1 crepe with 1tsp sour cream and 1 tsp jam
1 turkey sausage
12 oz americano with cream and white chocolate caramel flavoring
2 oz rice and bean chips with 1/4 c lentils
1 slice pepperoni pizza and 2 breadsticks

Water... I failed miserably.  I'm shooting for 70 ounces today, but it's so hard for me to get it down! :-P

So far today I've had 1/2  a cup of coffee with cream and some rice and bean chips.  Yes, I ate them for breakfast.  And they were delicious. ;-)

Have any of you seen the show "Ruby"?
I recently found it on Netflix and have been watching it.  I like it.  Although, I don't understand how she's not losing weight faster when she's only eating 1500 calories a day and is so overweight.  But anyway, I like the show.  Partly because I'm slightly obsessed with North and South Carolina. ;-)  I have only seen a few episodes, so don't anyone ruin anything for me! =)

It's interesting to see the emotional struggle, and I am so intrigued why she can't remember a big chunk of her childhood.  And her modge podge support group is just awesome. =)

Anyway, I like it and it gives me something to do when Josh is gone. 

Also, has anyone read the book French Women Don't Get Fat?
I'm in the process of reading it, and it's also very interesting. VERY.  The whole culture difference, and taking time to really enjoy and savor food... It's a different way of thinking than most Americans, for sure.  
I sort of feel like I have a personal French tutor telling me what to do and how to do it, because that's how Mireille writes. 

Anyway, not much else to report.  It's Friday, which is great! But I'm bone dead tired.  I keep waking up at 5a.m. after not falling asleep til between 10 and midnight usually.  It's not enough sleep and in the mornings I feel like I physically can NOT get out of bed.  My body feels like a sack of rocks.  I'm going grocery shopping tonight and I'm picking up some Unisom.

I used it when I was pregnant to prevent morning sickness, but it's actually a low grade sleeping pill.  So I figured I may as well use it for what it's intended to be used for. ;-)  I take half and it helps me fall asleep faster and sleep with less weird/creepy dreams.  Lately I've been having so many bizarre dreams, and so has Josh.  Very odd.  

ANYWAY... all that to say I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Check out that show and/or book if you haven't.  They are quite interesting!

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to read that book. Good idea.
    Also, I have tried to watch Ruby but i didn't know it was on netflix....hulu or whatever I tried didn't work right.
    Great ideas! Tx :)
    Happy friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to start watching Ruby on Netflix, it seems very interesting, as for your obsession with N/S Carolina, I wonder why, have you ever been there? My sister lives in North Carolina and I find it boring, maybe just me. I have used simply sleep and tylenol pm and they work great for me. As for the dreams, I always have very weird dreams if I eat before bed, do you do that?
    Have a great weekend, xo, MB

    ReplyDelete